Popular Tags: [View All]
Edd Allard
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing that you can never have more than one of the same status at a time. So for instance, if you are scorned or accursed or ensorcelled, and a later award paragraph results in you recieving one of those statuses again, the newest occurance overrides the first. This is especially apparent with sex-changed, since you need the second occurance to get back to your original status.

Similarly, if you are on pilgrimage, and get scorned, you must complete the first pilgrimage before starting the second, since you cannot be on more than one at a time.

This seems consistent with the original version of the game, but we're curious if anyone else is playing it differently, and if so, why.

Zev -- care to weigh in here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule you mention is described in the rule book on p.15 (Optional Rules - Shorter Games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stout
United States
Pasadena
CA - California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
The rule you mention is described in the rule book on p.15 (Optional Rules - Shorter Games).

Hi,

No, Edd is asking about something different. I too assumed that you can't be double-crippled, though I'm not really sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
edralla wrote:
We've been playing that you can never have more than one of the same status at a time. So for instance, if you are scorned or accursed or ensorcelled, and a later award paragraph results in you recieving one of those statuses again, the newest occurance overrides the first. This is especially apparent with sex-changed, since you need the second occurance to get back to your original status.

Similarly, if you are on pilgrimage, and get scorned, you must complete the first pilgrimage before starting the second, since you cannot be on more than one at a time.

This seems consistent with the original version of the game, but we're curious if anyone else is playing it differently, and if so, why.

Zev -- care to weigh in here?

I generally agree. I think you can transform the Scorn in a second On Pilgrimage cancelling the first. I don't see how you can prevent this. In this case, the first Pilgrimage is lost and you have to restart your Pilgrimage with the option of changing the destination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rules discuss On Pilgramage (You discard the first and start over on the second.)

However, I think if you are Beastform, and you get another Beastform, you are just Beastform once. You don't have to get rid of it twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Maroney
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm back from Worldcon (and Zev is back from GenCon) and we're working on the FAQ right now. The short answer is, you can't get a status twice. If you are awarded a status which you already have, ignore it. (Except for Sex-changed, which reverses the earlier status and clears it.)

So if you're On Pilgrimage and you get On Pilgrimage, it has no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.