Popular Tags: [View All]
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the fifteenth BGG play by Forum Battlestar Galactica game and will follow the format established by
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb

Note that I have previously stated that I would run a Euro Time Zone game (and still intend to do so), but this is an international game.

I am initially inviting the following players who are at the top of waiting list (taking into account the conclusion of games 7 & 8)

Anoir(IN)
Sassmatic
karlm
Hoyt

StatSig(IN)
seiyaaa
Rostok(IN)
MasterDinadan(IN)
jhagen1908(IN)
Brother Narsis(IN)

I will wait a few days for people to check in before proceeding to contact possible alternates, who will be from the next eligible players on the list.

The rules of the game are pretty much as in all the other threads, in particular look at games 1,2,6 & 7.

Some particular notes for those taking part.

0) SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD.

1) All players must have their own copies of the game as I am only going to publish card titles (this is an FFG request).

2) Private communication will be by geekmail between me and particular players, all other communication will be by posting in this thread.

3) Interrupt cards and abilities may affect play and the way they are handled will depend on the card or ability. In general, I will ask that if there is a possibility of interrupts, players post in any order whether they will play or pass and will hold on resolving the current situation until all possible players have passed or all possible interrupts have been played. In certain cases (such as Evasive Manoeuvres), I will ask for Advance Conditional Orders as to play, although there is nothing wrong with submitting advanced orders for any type of interrupt if you can.

As the game proceeds and situations arise for the first time I will make further comments on interrupts and their timing in the thread.

4) Please post anything, that I need to take action on in BOLD.Other than that, I am fairly easy. Role playing is not required (as I’m fairly bad in that respect) but by all means do so if you wish, I enjoy reading it. One thing I would ask is not to put a load of stuff in spoiler tags as I find a lot of this awkward to read. Also please do not post any BSG spoilers in the thread.

5) In some of the previous games, players have changed their avatars to match the character they are playing, in others the method of posting pictures at the start of posts. I would favour the second method, as it will hopefully be less confusing on the off chance that anyone is reading this thread in the future, although by all means change your avatar as well if you wish to.

A useful selection of possible character pictures is hosted on this geeklist by GerryRailBaron, moderator of BSG03 and the 10 player experimental games, though by all means provide your own if you wish. If you do use an image previously provided, please thumb the uploader.

The geeklist for this game is here http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/44787

I don't have a particular name (other than fifteen) for this game, but anyone is welcome to suggest one and there's some
in it for a good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Battlestar Galactica Play By Forum - Game 15
On board, sir. *Salute*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Levesque
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I'd really like to join but I'm unsure of the amount of time I will have for the next month...

So, I guess I will pass on this one! Grr.. I'm jealous! Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seiyaaa wrote:
Hey, I'd really like to join but I'm unsure of the amount of time I will have for the next month...

So, I guess I will pass on this one! Grr.. I'm jealous! Have fun!

OK, thanks for letting me know, I've invited the next on the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in - thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Andrew.

We're up to 3, but I haven't had a response and I see that 2 of the other 3 haven't logged on for more than a week. I'm waiting until tomorrow evening (UK) for a response, but in the meantime I've sent out GMs to the next on the list to see if they're interested as stand-by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Further update, I have 3 more players on stand-by, so all being well I'll confirm the line-up this evening so we can start character selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, not everyone has checked in yet, but I'll start campaigning now. Some of you will remember me from BSG VII, where I channelled Odo and wrote a companion chroncile outlining what was happening in the game, round by round, from the perspective of another person separate from the main "cast". This was done in a way that didn't interfere with the game itself; while the character would make snarky comments about what players were doing (mostly IC and how it would relate to a real world) the character made no suggestions as to what should be done and dropped no hints or suspicions about might or might not be a Cylon (except for reporting when players were accusing each other of being Cylons).

The session is here, and you can watch for my posts to get a handle on what I generally do: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/404541/page/74

It seemed to be enjoyed by people, so I'm willing to do it again for this game. I'm planning on changing characters in this one, channeling -- and like keeping the name in this one, since it works as a name on BSG -- Wedge Antilles, the squadron commander for Red Squadron (which, in the original series, was the second rung squadron after Blue Squadron, which is where all the heroes were. He'd be the first unmanned Viper launched, and would comment while flying or being on Galactica.

Again, I promise to simply comment on the game and make no suggestions through this character. He'd be a bit less snarky than the previous character, but hopefully will still be entertaining, especially since he'd allow me to describe what was going on outside Galactica in more details.

I won't do this if people object, so it's up to you. I'll keep checking in to see what you decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already told Allan that I have no problem with his plan, but as he has said, if anyone does object please say so and it won't go ahead. It worked OK in BSG VII.

I'm now going to assume that the other invitees who haven't replied aren't going to. Yesterday evening I invited the following and they've all indicated they are interested, so I'm just going to GM them now to tell them they're in and invite them to check in here.

MasterDinadan
jhagen1908
Brother Narsis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hagen
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
age agree eek egg erg gag gage game gamer gee geek gem germ keg kegger mag mage meek mega merge reek rem
mb
Checking in. I have no problem with Allan's additional flavor - it might make up for some of the flavor my posts lack when I post from work.

I'm on USA Central Daylight = GMT-5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm here! Ready to play =)
And I have no issue with Allan's commentary!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Levesque
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if we might be able to postpone the game until Monday, since on Thursday I leave for Big Valley Jamboree (a country music party out in the middle of nowhere) and I won't be back until monday.

I can leave CO's for my character pick plus initial draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Inks
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will check in and not object to Allan's commentary. I tend to be a little short on the prose.

I'm on Real Time (Eastern Standard).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anoir wrote:
I was wondering if we might be able to postpone the game until Monday, since on Thursday I leave for Big Valley Jamboree (a country music party out in the middle of nowhere) and I won't be back until monday.

I can leave CO's for my character pick plus initial draw.

That shouldn't be a problem, I actually thought we may be looking at Monday anyway as Jeff (Brother Narsis) already told me in a GM that he was travelling over the same period.

I assume you have no problem with Allan's commentary after BSG VII?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

No problems for me on any count - commentary, start date etc.

I'm on Pacific time - GMT -8

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK everyone has checked in so I'll get the game moving I have randomly determined the following player order

Brother Narsis
jhagen1908
StatSig
Rostok
MasterDinadan
Anoir

Please post your character selection in this order (or send COs), bearing in mind the rules to balance the character types.

Edit: We'll get the character selection, loyalty cards and initial skill cards dealt with and then start turn 1 on Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hagen
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
age agree eek egg erg gag gage game gamer gee geek gem germ keg kegger mag mage meek mega merge reek rem
mb
May as well get through character selection, initial draws, etc. tonight and tomorrow if we can. (And if we can't, no worries.)

But a delay from Thursday-Monday is fine. I might need a similar consideration later in the game.

Edit: Umm, yeah, what Dave said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Levesque
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems with Allan writing in character. i founnd them quite entertaining in VII
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay Allan! I enjoyed your flavor from last time.

Yaay! I'm not last! DIBS ON NOT TYROL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Inks
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will take Tom Zarek.

Who doesn't like to sacrifice,

as long as it isn't me.

JefF

OOC This is my first time around this block(play by forum), so if I step off of the path let me know. IC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hagen
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb

I'll select Saul Tigh.

If you ask me, what this ship needs is a renewed sense of discipline. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my quarters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhagen1908 wrote:

I'll select Saul Tigh.

If you ask me, what this ship needs is a renewed sense of discipline. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my quarters.

Now, now, sir, there's no need to run away with your tail between your legs. I'm sure with a couple more drinks, you can win your savings back from me.

Starbuck is here and ready to blast some toasters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey there - Boomer reporting for duty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I, Laura Roslin, do avow and affirm that I take the office of the President of the Twelve Colonies of Kobol, and that I will protect and defend the sovereignty of the colonies, with every fiber of my being.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [54] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.