Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed it can get a little confusing when using the new intrigue cards as to what cards are giving money when the buy phase comes around. Cards like the Pawn, Stewart, Ironworks and Tribute can be hard to keep up with when you have had a large chain. These cards may or may not give money based on how the person used them. Has anyone used stones or markers to keep up money earned during the action phase? For that matter, has anyone used their own system for keeping up with buys or actions? I'd be interested in hearing what people have been doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
We use dice:

die below cards = extra money
die above cards = extra buys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also rotate them different degrees/directions.

We make action 'trees' by putting the first at top center and working down, splitting at +2 actions. When you play a line stopper some people lay it sideways to show that branch is complete. For choice cards we tilt them differently or take them out of the tree once buried (buy giving on left, coin giving on right)
Also it's pretty important when trashing Mining Village to not put it directly to the trash, but also not leave it in the tree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treacherous Cretin
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiddlywinks or coloured counters. You take your choice and the counters to remind yourself...and now the card is "dead"
Yellow = coins

Yes I know its moving into resource cubes area, but if you need to keep count...you can do the same for BUY and ACTIONS just use different colours of counters...about 6 - 8 od 3 different colours thrown into the box should be enough if required. So far they have remained unused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the suggestion in the rulebook, to push the coin generating cards 'up' a bit as a memory aid.

I'm personally amazed that people have such difficulty keeping track of events that happen in a 5-10 second timespan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
I'm personally amazed that people have such difficulty keeping track of events that happen in a 5-10 second timespan.

That's what happens when you watch too many intellectual shows like "The Simpsons"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

Often, though, it's not 5 seconds, it's a minute, because you had to reshuffle part way through your turn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We see this happen particularly with new players or long turns with the mining village in play & multiple puchases with $ from trashed cards.
Poker chips makes it easy but I printed images of the coin cards & punched the coins to use instead.

I can't fault anyone playing for their first time with the intricacies of intrigue forgetting some of the $ they gained from their trashed mining village & trashed estate & their choice with Iron worker when they've played 6 actions.

I uploaded an image of the counters. Just print them on cardstock & cut them either square or 1.25" round.
If you don't like/want them; don't use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just turn the cards sideways if we're using them for the coin option. (This includes if we're trashing a Mining Village, or if the Tribute turns up coins.) It's really pretty simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.