Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all. I've just picked up B:N from ebay recently, and am reading through the rules for the first time. I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between corps artillery and regular artillery. In the paragraph about corps artillery it mentions that corps artillery can support any attack from the same nationality o.O This reads, to me, that a corps artillery in cherboug can support an attack in caen as long as the corps artillery is the same nationality as the attacking units?

Am i reading this right? This can't be right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

No. Corps Artillery is classed as Field Artillery (4.23), and is therefore governed by rules 16.11 and 16.12, that is, it can only support or make an attack in its own or an adjacent area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so what's the big difference? Does it just have higher attack values for bombardment purposes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sometimes, but not always. The main differences are that Corps Artillery units cannot occupy the same area as each other, and that they can support any attack by units of their nationality in the same or adjacent area, whereas Divisional Artillery can only support attacks which feature at least one unit from their division.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bridger wrote:
so what's the big difference? Does it just have higher attack values for bombardment purposes?

It has higher attack values (big benefit,) it's less flexible (can't have two corps artillery units in the same area even for a moment,) and it can support any attack by units of its own side (or British/American for the Allies) while a normal artillery can only support attacks that contain at least one unit from the division.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer72 wrote:

Sometimes, but not always. The main differences are that Corps Artillery units cannot occupy the same area as each other, and that they can support any attack by units of their nationality in the same or adjacent area, whereas Divisional Artillery can only support attacks which feature at least one unit from their division.

Ah, it now makes sense. I had missed the restriction on divisional artillery requiring their division to be present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.