Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: russian front. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Enrique Escribano
msg tools
I am thinking in buying A Game about the complete eastern front campaign, the games I am thinking about are ;

1) Russia Besieged
2) War without mercy
3) Russian Campaign of L2,

Which do you think are the pros and cons of them, which are the differences between of them?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Get Russian Front. Its better than the 3 you listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Enrique Escribano
msg tools
which is the level of this four mentioned?, why do you say this Russian Front is better?, how much it takes in length, difficulty, time to be played?.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
Russian Campaign: the easiest of the games you mentioned. Simple to get in, fun to play. In its 4th edition eye-candy (but sadly OOP at L2 so you have to look for another vendor). You might consider gettin' the Caucasus - expansion too since the game has the markers for this included.

Russia Besieged: Beautiful game. Think of it as: I very liked Russian Campaign but would have some more / deeper chrome / rules. In print.

War without Mercy: IMHO a step up from the two other games. While land-movement is fairly simple the air / naval system might give you something to think. Still recommended by me (as the above) but from your list the most complicated. Would definitely consider this if you ever plan to look on the Western / Med - Front because it has expansions that can be added to this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Enrique Escribano
msg tools
In prices what are the differences?. Then you mean that the Russian Campaign is nearly impossible to get?, may be is out of stock?.

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
Homero930 wrote:
In prices what are the differences?. Then you mean that the Russian Campaign is nearly impossible to get?, may be is out of stock?.

Thanks,

No, not impossible to get. There are other vendors who still have the game. But be aware that you will nearly shill out 110 $ for Russian Campaign including the Expansion.

It is cheaper to go thru ebay looking for Russian Campaign 3rd ed. by Avalon Hill.

Btw. not Out-of-stock (OOS). L2 made clear (AFAIK) that they have none left and will not reprint it.

Russia Besieged: 75 $ - if you are willing to work a bit to get into the rules and are not a total stranger to wargames I would suggest this one over the above.

RC is just an old classic - RB is a bit advanced but not to complicated.

See ya.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you considered Columbia's block game EastFront II? It covers the whole war and all aspects of it including some elegant supply rules.

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Enrique Escribano
msg tools
I like this front a lot and, in fact, I already have. IF not this one, which will be your suggestions?.

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Enrique Escribano
msg tools
what do you think of a red star is rising of MMP?, pros and cons compared with the previous mentioned.

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Enrique Escribano
msg tools
How much it takes playing all the campaign in every and each of the games mentioned. May you recomend me a game of the eastern front lasting less than six hours?,

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Defiant Russia is short and pretty competitive. If you have never gamed the subject it could serve as a great intro. Plays in an hour or so.

War Without Mercy is just a lot of fun. Terrific game.

EastFront II looks good as well.

I have not played Russian Front, Russian Campaign or Russia Besieged. They all look like fun, but have not made it to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you considered No Retreat! Terrific little game for $20. Play the entire front in under 3 hours with 8 pages of rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.