7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Requesting play-testers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Jonker
msg tools
http://h1.ripway.com/odheirre/city_in_the_wilderness.zip

This is a print-and-play game. I'm concerned I'm doing way too much, but things seemed to move pretty quickly during the playtest.

The zip file includes all the PDFs needed and the rules. You'll need poker chips and six-sided dice as well.

Suggestions to make this better? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb

The game is a semi-co-operative for 3 - 8 players. Players play district managers working to possibly defend the City from hordes of menacing smelly zombies, dire puppies, shadow hounds, arsonists, assorted hags, and even a few dragons.
Graphics free. Looks hilarious.

I'll dig up two of my alter egos to give this a whirl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did someone say Puppies of Tindalos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skimmed over the rules. I'm not seeing the point of Blank Goals. What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jonker
msg tools
No problem -- basically, it forces a person to take a goal he/she would normally not take (like a Traitor goal).

A person chooses a green (usually helpful) and red (usually not helpful) goal. If the green is a "Blank Goal", then they'd be forced to take the red goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jonker
msg tools
Cool -- appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks nice, but I don't think I'll have the opportunity of trying this any time soon. However, a few comments from looking over the file:

1) Something's not quite right with the embedded font, my pdf-reader can't extract it from the file, so the text looks a little strange and stretched (Guess it uses some standard font).

2) I know the cards are not final, but I think it would help usability a lot if you'd color code the backgrounds of the card titles, something like light red for monsters, light brown for buildings etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.