Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: What Now ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I will set the end of Round 1 (Simple) so as to make it easy for any helpers that may help me start on Round 2 blush

Player 1: Bronze (2 Blue = 2 Yellow tokens) ;
Agriculture (2 Blue = 2 Yellow tokens) ;
Religion (no tokens) ;
Warriors ( 1 yellow token) ;
Despotism ( 4 White = 2 Red tokens)

Homer card in hand
19 Yellow and 14 Blue tokens left on board.

Player 2: same as above except for card in hand = Julius Caesar and Colosus (placed next to Despotism).

At the end of Round one these are the empty card spaces from left to right:-
1 Empty
2 Empty
3 Card
4 Empty
5-13 Full

Question in order to start Round 2:-
----------------------------------------
Do I remove card 3 or just jift it with all the cards from right to left and then Player 1 adds 1 card from Civil Deck A and Player 2 (who took 2 cards in Round 1) now places 2 cards from Civil Deck 1 ?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
You remove Card 3 because in the 2-player game you always remove the card in this space at the start of a player's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Thank you, Eric.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hewson
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
I bought this...
badge
...as I had no idea what to spend my GG on!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the end of your post I wonder if you have got a bit confused about what extra cards to add.

Obviously in the first card drafting round you have picked up Homer and produced and your opponent has picked up Caesar and Colossus and produced. This leaving things as you said.

On your next turn you'll remove the card in the third position, move the cards along and deal all the replacement cards from Deck A (not just replacing the carsd you took), then it is the end of Age A and the rest of the Age A deck is removed and the Age I civil and military decks put on the board. Then you play your civil actions (4 at this point), produce and hand over to the other player. They then clear cards from the first three spaces, move the rest over to the left and fill up the row with Age I cards.

The only round you don't remove the three leftmost cards and shift cards along is during the first round when everyone is playing with reduced CAs just for taking cards.

Apologies if you already knew this, but the way you said that the first played would add 1 Age A card and the second 2 Age I made me wonder if you were playing wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Russ, all I gathered from the rules for the Start of Round 2 was that the removed cards, and any making spaces on the left, should be replaced.

The one thing that now puzzles me is Deck A and Civil Deck 1. The rules are not exactly clear (to me, anyway) about that.

I did gather that another Age would start hence the confusion with Deck A shake

Thanks for your clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if you just forgot to mention it, but each player should also have a yellow token in Philosophy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Oooops ! Stephen, I completely forgot to say that I have no Yellow token on Philosophy blush

Thanks for reminding me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Phew ! No, I did not miss putting a Yellow token on Philosophy....just checked

I was reading the notes I made and not looking at the board !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.