Subject: fully automated PBEM rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: pbem [+] wargames [+] kriegspiel [+] [View All]
Stephen Ramsay
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I've been looking into PBEM wargames. As we all know, it is easy enough to use VASSAL (or something similar) to play a conventional board wargame. But there are other types of games that more closely resemble Reisswitz's Kreigspiel (with a human umpire brokering the relationship between participants).

My question is: Can anyone point me to a Kriegspiel-style PBEM wargame that is fully automated? That is, a game in which the orders are interpreted by a computer?

I know that google is my friend, but I'm having a bit of trouble wading through the information (some sound automated, but are moribund; some sites make it hard to tell whether the game is human mod or not, etc.). I figured someone with more experience in this area could point me to some useful resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Ames
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FatherBusa wrote:

My question is: Can anyone point me to a Kriegspiel-style PBEM wargame that is fully automated? That is, a game in which the orders are interpreted by a computer?

The Combat Mission games (www.battlefront.com) sound like exactly what you're looking for. From the web site: "Combat Mission is a 1-2 player, turn-based, simultaneous-execution 3D simulation of WWII tactical warfare."

What that means is that you and your opponent do your orders, send them to one another, and then the computer executes them simultaneously and shows you the results.

Regards,

-Drew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.