Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Alhambra» Forums » General

Subject: Looking for international or English version of Anniversary Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
There are at least three differently-printed versions of the Gold/Anniversary/Jubiläumsedition that I know of.

1. The German-only Queen Games version, which looks like this:

2. Queen Games' international edition, which has multilingual rules and language-independent components (with ♦♦♦s on the tiles instead of names):

3. The version published by Rio Grande Games, which has English rules and names on the tiles (and which there doesn't seem to be cover shot of on BGG).

I live in the United Kingdom, so the price is much lower for me to buy from Germany than from any other country (and there doesn't seem to be anyone within the UK selling it online, and the only board-gaming shop in my city has only the basic, "vanilla" edition). I don't mind whether I get the English or the multilingual edition (I'll go for whichever turns out to be more affordable, as that's the most objective way of choosing between them – though the availability of the expansions in either version may be able to sway me) but I aim to avoid winding up with the German-only version. However, it is oft-impossible to tell from an online vendor, as they tend towards using stock images, whether it is the German or the multilingual version that they are selling. Can anyone who has this language-independent edition advise me as to where they found it?

And perhaps even more usefully, could anyone who has either of these three editions tell me what the publisher's library/model number on them is? One of the Queen Games versions is 6036, if you can find that on it, but I don't yet know which one. For the Rio Grande English version, it seems to be RGGA20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOHN TODD JENSEN
United States
CLYMAN
WI
flag msg tools
Ask me about it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Looking for international version of Anniversary Edition
Rio Grande Games only resells international versions of Queen titles (except for Big Box, which is in English). The Gold Edition that Rio Grande Games sells is the international edition you allude to above. If a Rio Grande stock number starts with A or 0, it usually won't appear on the game itself, because those numbers are reserved for games that Rio Grande is distributing in the US for other companies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So when I see photos like the one below, is the only explanation for it that they are using the board from a Queen Games Jubiläumsedition with tiles from an Überplay English version?

That this other images' description states that it is of tiles from an "English Anniversary edition" is therefore very confusing and should be corrected if it is misleading (it cannot be of the Big Box tiles, as that wasn't released until June and this image is from January).

I have discovered, upon further research, that the Big Box also has an A in it's RGG catalogue number and no mention of Rio Grande Games on the box: it appears to have been made by Queen Games, on their own initiative, specifically for the anglophone market. So, considering this, it's at least conceivable that they could have done the same for the Anniversary edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to take a cover shot of the box with the English building tiles but I'm far from home at this time. I'm sure someone may beat me to it by this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well, I've placed an order for the Anniversary Edition with a North American shop, as it ended up being less money to get it from them than from any of the non-German European shops I know of (which is, admittedly, probably more an indicator of how few of these I know than of anything else). I'll find out what it's like, for all of us, when it arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.