United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am playing the green female character and my initial quest was falling in love with a beautiful woman. One of the rewards of the quest was getting married and such. Obviously this quest is illogical. Does this mean the only way I can fulfill this quest is to become sex-changed? That makes sense to me but seems a little unfair, since I can't win the game as the opposite sex. It also seems a little unfair, since this quest is that much more difficult to fulfill. I think the best thing would be to simply sraw another quest. By the way, what happens to married status when sex-changed? I assume it automatically is rescinded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Goldstein
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My best advice...which applies to every Tales of The Arabian Nights rules question...do whatever makes for the most amusing story. That is the whole point anyway.

You could say that your quest is directing you to meet a lovely man. Or you could play it the sex change route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
excellent point indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voynix wrote:
I assume it automatically is rescinded.

Depends on what state you live in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Maroney
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
voynix wrote:
So I am playing the green female character and my initial quest was falling in love with a beautiful woman. One of the rewards of the quest was getting married and such. Obviously this quest is illogical.

In general, whenever you encounter a gender-bending paragraph like that, you should assume the gender doesn't make a difference to the story and the game play unless a later part of the paragraph says it does.

In this particular case, if you started with a female character, read "woman" as "man" (or feel free to exercise same-sex marriage; as noted, we're not prudes).

An example of the latter in the Book of Tales is a paragraph where you encounter an evil 'efreet who has imprisoned a woman. The text of the paragraph makes it clear that it's definitely a male 'efreet, a female human, and their reactions will vary depending on the sex of your character. But paragraphs like those are fairly uncommon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Maroney
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also:

voynix wrote:
By the way, what happens to married status when sex-changed? I assume it automatically is rescinded.

It's only rescinded if you decide that's how you want to play it. There's nothing on either card that says you should do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.