Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Graham
United States
Carmichael
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like an intriguing game, because I like Agricola, and I'd like another quick game for our lunch hour, but I have a question:

How much to things cost? I see that on page 4, there's a 'W' by Pasture, and a 'P' by the sheep, and a 'W' by the Pottery Workshop. That's clear, but how much of each is required? Can I buy an oven with either 1 brick or one stone, and buy a pasture with 1 wood?

Thanks for going to the trouble of making and sharing such an interesting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse McGatha
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jethrone wrote:
How much to things cost? I see that on page 4, there's a 'W' by Pasture, and a 'P' by the sheep, and a 'W' by the Pottery Workshop. That's clear, but how much of each is required? Can I buy an oven with either 1 brick or one stone, and buy a pasture with 1 wood?

Exactly right. If the symbol for cost is "W" that means it costs 1 Wood. If it were "2W" it would cost 2 Wood. That means you have to have previously collected this cost and have it listed on your score sheet, and when you pay the cost, you remove that resource from your score sheet. The costs on the score sheet are there as a reminder of what is described in the rules on page 1 for the possible sets you can take. Let me know if there are things in the rules that need more clarification.

Just in case you were wondering, the letters used for costs/scoring on the score sheet (page 4) correspond to the underlined letters listed for the various resources, animals, and produce (e.g. "K" stands for Brick, since the K in Brick is underlined). Again, the score sheet is there as a convenient summary of everything you need to know during play, but the rules are the official authority.

Hope you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebekah B
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jester wrote:
That means you have to have previously collected this cost and have it listed on your score sheet, and when you pay the cost, you remove that resource from your score sheet.

Thanks for clarifying that, as I hadn't caught that change in the new version of the rules. The original rules seemed to indicate that the cost was part of the set that you pull out during your action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse McGatha
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Rebekah, that was a change in this version of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.