Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikki Ebright
United States
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, in my recent gaming stupor, late one night, as I drifted off to sleep, I recalled a game I played as a kid. My dad was a strategy gamer, although he doesn't know it - we played Stratego, and Risk, and such...and this was in his collection, although it may not have had much strategy to it.

Anyway, what I remember is that there was a board, and there were 3 "roads", which I recall as being ovals, and you were trying to get from one road or neighborhood to the next, and up the board. I seem to remember that the lowest road was like Skid Row or something, the middle road/neighborhood was middle class, and the top area was upper class. I'm pretty sure the neighborhoods were named. There may have been a "golden acres" area at the top, but I may be confusing that with Life (which we also had).

I'm pretty sure there was money involved, and things cost more as you went up, but somehow you got more too.

Anyone have any idea what this game might have been? Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: I pulled the old standby and called my Dad. Surprisingly, he not only remembered the game (not hugely surprising) but also the name - Money! Money! Money!.

I knew it was an older game - I was thinking possibly post depression - but it's post WWII. Thanks for the help anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it could be Ratrace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
United States
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked at the game, and in the description, it does sound like the same thing, but the board didn't look anything at all like that. The neighborhoods were oval-shaped and weren't inside one another but separate, so the first area was at the bottom of the board, the second was in the middle, and the highest was at the top, all separate as far as I remember, although there may have been something linking them.

Next idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.