Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to have a hard time getting some specific info from the rulebook and online stuff at the lareau.org site, so I'm making this thread to post questions as they arise.

So far, I have one (after just one 2p game).

Q1. Effects that force someone to attack (I think there's a lowlife that does this, as well as the Fury whammy) - can those be used during your own turn? And if so, then the opponent immediately makes an attack against you (assuming a 2p game)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yes you may use them on your turn. Yes, if you played Fury on an opponent's character, that character would have to attack right away on your turn. Which makes it a great way to get past an untapped, blocking minion.

Note that they don't have to attack you. They can attack themselves. It would be rare that such a thing would be better than attacking you, but it is possible.

If you have any questions at all about On The Edge, feel free to ask. I know quite a lot. Also, On The Edge is best with 4 players, playable with 3... but largely unplayable with 2. If you insist on 2 player, consider putting lots of things like Bulldoze and Fury in the decks to help you get by blockers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I just remembered our other question.

Q2. Player A plays Blackmail on a Player B character, and uses that character to attack another character in Player B's conspiracy. Does that count as Player A's one attack against Player B for the turn?

It seemed like our 2p game went okay. The main problem was we both had a bad shuffle and didn't get any pullers out for several turns, which made the game feel kinda flat initially. The latter half of the game was much more interesting and fun once we had several characters out and had incentives to attack each other, etc. I'll be putting up a session report soon.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
SiddGames wrote:

Q2. Player A plays Blackmail on a Player B character, and uses that character to attack another character in Player B's conspiracy. Does that count as Player A's one attack against Player B for the turn?

That's the single most common OnTE question ever.

No. The attack you make while playing Blackmail is not the one attack you get against them per turn.

Quote:
I'll be putting up a session report soon.

I look forward to reading it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikie vos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
can characters you just play help pull other characters ?
and what do you do after you played your hand (you have only 2 cards in your hand) and your opponent just whacked you characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.