Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
cycling or Formula 1 cars? What is your interest?

I find cycling more interesting, and Leader 1 is a great simulation. We have played with the Leader 2 rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I own both and have enjoyed Leader 1 more.

It allows more strategy and it's more satisfying when you manage to screw over other players (eg letting your opponent help pull you over a tough mountain climb and then overtake him right on the descent).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko
Taiwan
Taitung City
Taitung
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taxers wrote:
cycling or Formula 1 cars? What is your interest?

I find cycling more interesting, and Leader 1 is a great simulation. We have played with the Leader 2 rules.

This is the point. You should think about the theme first. Forumla D is a great game, with interesting mechanics. Leader 1 is newer, with pretty good rules anyway. I prefer the second one just because I prefer cycling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both and would always take Leader 1 with the Leader 2 rules over Formula D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hallam
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
Or you could try Snow Tails, which I reckon is the best race game I've personally played, paws down... I mean hands down.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

A great cycling game (and Spiel des Jahres winner!) is Um Reifienbeite "By the Width of a Tire":

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.