Subject: How To: FIMO-Up your copy of Power Grid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
FEB
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After having built FIMO-miniatures for Power Grid recently, I would now like to share a small How-To with you:

A: You need:

1. cutting board
2. sharp knife / scalpel
3. some matches
4. FIMO (hey, that's what it's all about)

I used the following colors (Erhard Faber Fimo):

Red No. 2
Black No. 9
Bright yellow No. 10
Metallic silver No. 81
Cognac No. 76

And here's how to model the pieces

A: Uranium:

Need: Red No. 2 / Bright Yellow No. 10

Form a long string of red Fimo, and cut equal pieces with a sharp knife
Bake them amd let them cool down (there you have your barrel), in the meantime, form a string of yellow and seperate it into small disks, now use the scalpel to make "rays" out of the disk. These can now easily be attached to the barrels as radiation markings ---> bake.

B: Coal

Need: Cognac No. 76 / Black No.9

Lightly mix black and Brown (abt 70% Brown / 30% Black) so that it forms a natural pattern, now start to roll small spheres (about the 5mm diameter) stick three of them together in a triangular shape and place a fourth one on top of the them. ---> bake

C. Oil

Need: Black No. 9 / Metallic silver No. 81

Same method as with the uranium - roll a long string and cut it into equal pieces with a scalpel. Now use a a match to emboss a circle at about half height. sculp little dots (about the size of a matchhead) of metallic silver FIMO, press them flat and place them ón the top of the "barrel" - they form the cap. ---> bake

D: Garbage

Need: Metallic silver No. 81 / Mix of all other Fimo

And again, roll a string and cut it (the garbage cans should have the biggest diameter of all resources). Form another string and cut it into disk (the lid). Use a match to sculpt vertical grooves into the cans, at a regular pattern. Then, mix some small portions of the other FIMO together (should give a nive "dirty" looking garbage) and place it on top of the can. Looks also nice, if you like, add some "spills" to the side of the can.
Finally, place the lid on top of the garbage and.....

BAKE ! arrrh

That's all folks

P.S.:I will add some pics of my FIMO, as soon as I am home tonight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Jones
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are the pics??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kroon
Netherlands
Zwolle
Overijssel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and .... pics ????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.