Subject: Replaced Governments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
staffan t
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, replaced special (blue) technologies are removed from the game when a better one is played.

But, how does it work for replaced Governments ?

Are they also removed from the game or do the count for the purpose of Space flight or events that gives VP:s for thechnologies ?

I can't seem to find it in the rules or in any FAQ/thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
Ulm
Ba-Wü
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are removed, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
brauerle wrote:
They are removed, too.

I just place governments on top of each other.

So yes, they're removed, but you wouldn't want to discard your starting card, else you'd have to find it again at game end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert D
msg tools
Just out of curiosity. How did you found out it's removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
staffan t
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules it says that the old government is "discarded".

I assume then, it means that the government is removed from the game , i.e. all replaced governments are not counted for culture points from events ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I certaintly have not got this far into the game...still at beginning of Round Two (Simple).

But I would like to add this: from the ambiquities in the rule book, has anyone made a simple-to-follow "translation" ? There does seem to be far too many inconsistencies or should I say misinterpretations of basic explanations.

Best regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kruppman wrote:
I assume then, it means that the government is removed from the game , i.e. all replaced governments are not counted for culture points from events ?

That's right, you always have only one specific government tech in play, and it's the last one you brought in play.

I'd have some problems in having available Democracy and Despotism at once!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kruppman wrote:
According to the rules it says that the old government is "discarded".

Can someone please tell me where in the rulebook (I have the latest English version of the game) does it say this? I tried to find it but I can only see this mentioned about the blue technologies. Although it does say something like "Unlike most other technologies, blue technologies replace their older versions", which kind of implies that they are not the only ones that behave that way. It is perfectly logical that older governments get discarded and don't count for First Space Flight or the impact, but we have not played that way since I just haven't found any info about this in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Flowers

Odenton
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules I have (2nd edition, or first Fred edition, I think), it quite clearly says to discard your old government card in the rules for both a revolution and a peaceful government change on page 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.