Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Previously on Campaign 2: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/424517

Overlord XP gain shown in [], Hero XP gain shown in ()

We are playing with a number of house rules: http://people.exeter.ac.uk/pg234/runestone/boardgames/descen...

At the start of the session

Lord Hawthorne. Skills: Cleaving. +2 Melee traits. Equipment: Chain Mail, Bone Blade, Crystal Shield, Dragontooth Hammer, Ring of Quickness. Potions: Vitality, 2xHealing. Feats: 2. XP: 33
Ispher. Skills: Tiger Tattoo, Master Archer. +2 Ranged traits. Equipment: Dwarven Fire Bombs, Chain Mail, Crystal Shield, Elven Robe. Potions: Vitality, Healing. Feats: 2. XP: 13
Mad Carthos. Skills: Spiritwalker, Unmovable. +2 Magic traits. Equipment: Cone of Fire, Bane, Gauntlets of Power, Cloak of Deception. Potions: Healing. Feats: 0. XP: 13
Runemaster Thorn. Skills: Blessing, Inner Fire. +2 Magic traits. Equipment: Staff of Punishment, Screaming Eagle Staff, Heavy Leather Armour, Immolation. Potions: Healing, Invulnerability. Feats: 1. XP: 13
Party Equipment: Magic Boat, Staff of the Wild, Great Wall, Mighty Wall, 2,675 coins

Overlord Avatar: The Demon Prince
Plot: Obsidian Shackles
Cities Razed:
Nerekhall. 1 siege token at Greyhaven
Overlord Upgrades: Sir Alric Farrow (Greyhaven), Kar-Amag-Atoth (Greyhaven), Focused, Lawlessness, Silver Eldritch, Silver Beasts*, 2xGreen Treachery. XP: 23
Dungeons explored: Starfall Forest, Blackwing Swamp, Red Echo River, Broken Crags, Gate of the North, Thelsvan Highway
Campaign Level: Copper. Conquest: Heroes (75), Overlord (106). Total = 181

*Realised too late that I should not have been allowed this at Copper level.

WEEK 14 continued

Dungeon Level 2: 16 - What lies beneath

This is another level that I have modified, adding a large pit into the big room. Following many weeks of people unhappy with the rules on pits, we finally decided to change them. Figures now have to be on the edge of a pit to see into that pit, and figures in the pit can only see figures on the edge of the pit. Everyone was happy with this, makes a lot more sense.

I chose the setup that gave me more spiders, sorcerers and the Naga which I upped to Master because of my power card.

Unfortunately, my notes that I scribbled at the time aren't enough for me to remember much about it. I think we ran out of poison tokens. I remember it being quite an interesting level, with web tokens being used for the first time. There was one turn where a very wounded Lord Hawthorne with about 10 poison tokens had an amazing turn, killing about 3 things including Harg, but then we realised he had a web token. When we rewound and rolled for the web, he didnt break free, meaning he actually did nothing at all on his turn!

I had spiders jumping down the pit a couple of times to avoid attacks, and when I spawned a couple of Dark Priests, things looked really bad for the heroes. All of the encounter markers in the pit turned out just to be extra threat.

In the end, the heroes killed Harg (+2) and activated the glyph (+3) but lost Lord Hawthorne twice [+8], Runemaster Thorn [+2] and Ispher [+3]. Mad Carthos managed to survive, but before the level was over, he glyphed back to town and visited the market where they found the Staff of the Grave and the Crystal of Tival - both of which were bought.

CONQUEST: Heroes: 80, Overlord: 119/36, Total: 199

At the end of the session

Lord Hawthorne. Skills: Cleaving. +2 Melee traits. Equipment: Chain Mail, Bone Blade, Crystal Shield, Dragontooth Hammer, Ring of Quickness. Potions: Vitality, 2xHealing. Feats: 2. XP: 38. Wounds 11, Fatigue 3
Ispher. Skills: Tiger Tattoo, Master Archer. +2 Ranged traits. Equipment: Dwarven Fire Bombs, Chain Mail, Crystal Shield, Elven Robe. Potions: Vitality, Healing. Feats: 2. XP: 18. Wounds 12, Fatigue 5
Mad Carthos. Skills: Spiritwalker, Unmovable. +2 Magic traits. Equipment: Cone of Fire, Bane, Gauntlets of Power, Cloak of Deception, Staff of the Grave, Crystal of Tival. Potions: Healing. Feats: 0. XP: 18. Wounds 8, Fatigue 3
Runemaster Thorn. Skills: Blessing, Inner Fire. +2 Magic traits. Equipment: Staff of Punishment, Screaming Eagle Staff, Heavy Leather Armour, Immolation. Potions: Healing, Invulnerability. Feats: 1. XP: 18. Wounds 11, Fatigue 4
Party Equipment: Magic Boat, Staff of the Wild, Great Wall, Mighty Wall, 3,725 coins

Overlord Avatar: The Demon Prince
Plot: Obsidian Shackles
Cities Razed:
Nerekhall. 1 siege token at Greyhaven
Overlord Upgrades: Sir Alric Farrow (Greyhaven), Kar-Amag-Atoth (Greyhaven), Focused, Lawlessness, Silver Eldritch, Silver Beasts*, 2xGreen Treachery. XP: 36
Dungeons explored: Starfall Forest, Blackwing Swamp, Red Echo River, Broken Crags, Gate of the North, Thelsvan Highway
Campaign Level: Copper. Conquest: Heroes (80), Overlord (119). Total = 199
4 cards in hand, 15 in deck, 2 power cards in play, 27 threat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Previously on Campaign 2: (...)
*Realised too late that I should not have been allowed this at Copper level.
(...)

hi.
Just a question, you didn't took it back when you learn you wasn't allowed to ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nite Wolf
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if i got him right in the #9 session they only realized it once they moved into silver lvl, at which point it was allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Burcar
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Following many weeks of people unhappy with the rules on pits, we finally decided to change them. Figures now have to be on the edge of a pit to see into that pit, and figures in the pit can only see figures on the edge of the pit. Everyone was happy with this, makes a lot more sense.

I can't remember exactly, but isn't this an "official" fix to pits from one of the faqs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I would normally take it back, but it took us quite a while to notice. In fact, 2 or 3 sessions .

As it is, I roughly worked out how much CT I got from having the beasts upgraded before they should have been. Then I worked out roughly how much of a difference it would have been a few sessions ago when I did realise that an Lt could also move on the turn he was purchased. This meant I probably would have razed Greyhaven ages ago, and all in all, I think it roughly balanced out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The official rule is that if you are IN the pit, you can only see to the edge. We made it apply both ways. Seems to work much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.