Subject: Telekinesis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars Andersson
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question regarding Telekinesis, can a Hero use telekinesis to move himself "X" squares and then declare a Battle action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Yes. Although, in general you could use fatigue to move yourself and declare a battle action without telekinesis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strictly speaking, you'd be declaring the battle action first. (See "Step 3", p. 8, "A hero is not allowed to do anything but refresh and equip before he declares the action he is taking.")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyndal wrote:
Yes. Although, in general you could use fatigue to move yourself and declare a battle action without telekinesis.

Telekinesis avoids additional MP costs for such things as Mud, escaping Pits, Trees etc.

As otherwise noted, it is important to remember that the Action (Battle) must be declared first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Andersson
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyndal wrote:

I thought you could only spend Fatigue to move after a Battle action had been carried out (dmg dealt etc)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
You can use fatigue to gain movement points during your turn, before, between and after attacks. So if your attack kills your target, you can use fatigue to move and attack a new monster.

You can also use fatigue to do other movement point related actions (drink a point, reequip, etc.)

(As others have pointed out, you have to declare the battle action first - this can be significant if the overlord uses traps)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been wading through the forum since I had my first game as OL yesterday and found this question.

Is it really possible/allowed to move yourself with Telekinesis? I think this is somewhat strange.

That would allow heroes to leave pits for only 1 fatigue. Or move themselves while being trapped in a net. Using this on other heroes is already quite a strong thing.

[Or like they did yesterday: Spending one fatigue to push a monster in a trap, one to pull it out and a third to push it back again... dealing a total of four damage without any range check which kills even most elite monsters...]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harlekin wrote:
Been wading through the forum since I had my first game as OL yesterday and found this question.

Is it really possible/allowed to move yourself with Telekinesis? I think this is somewhat strange.

That would allow heroes to leave pits for only 1 fatigue. Or move themselves while being trapped in a net. Using this on other heroes is already quite a strong thing.

Yes.
Telekinesis
Spend 1 fatigue during your turn to move any figure within your line of sight 1 space, following normal movement rules. You may use this ability multiple times, paying its cost each time.
You are a figure and you are within your own LOS.

Quote:
[Or like they did yesterday: Spending one fatigue to push a monster in a trap, one to pull it out and a third to push it back again... dealing a total of four damage without any range check which kills even most elite monsters...]

Falling in a pit does only one damage. Pits (token, obstacle) and Spiked Pits (the trap card) are not the same thing, although the card does leave behind the token.

DJitD pg16
Pit markers do not block line of sight, but if a hero or monster moves so that the figure is only occupying pit spaces, the figure falls into the pit. The figure immediately suffers one wound that cannot be reduced by armor.

Yes, Telekinesis is probably the most powerful skill available. (That is why it is removed entirely from the Advanced Campaigns by errata - it is just too powerful.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah thanks, my memory just failed me. One damage per pit, of course.

Hm, I am quite sure the German card reads "eine andere Figure" ("another figure")... I will have to check that but if the english ruling says "any" I am content with that.

Where can I find the "Advanced Campaigns"? I only have the base set without expansions and have only checked the FAQ till now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMurray
msg tools
The advanced campaign is the campaign system in the Road to Legend and Sea of Blood expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug File
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
James McMurray wrote:
The advanced campaign is the campaign system in the Road to Legend and Sea of Blood expansions.

Just to clarify, you only need 1 of these expansions - Either Road to Legend OR Sea of Blood - not both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks for that info. But I will stick to the base game till I am sure I will continue to play it. Don't want to be sitting on a lot of expansions to a game I perhaps never have the chance to play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.