Popular Tags: [View All]
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We got a little bit of rain on Friday - 7+ inches in 45 minutes!

It was fairly localized and we were in the center of it. Streets were closed, cars were washed off the road, and most of my neighbors had water in their basements, in fact one of my neighbors now has an indoor swimming pool. We only got about 1 1/2" of water and thankfully all of my boardgames are stored a minimum of 3" off of the floor. Still a lot of clean up but it could have been a lot worse.

These pictures are all from within 2 blocks of my place. The first picture was taken 1/2 hr into the storm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
That's awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure the people who had sewage back up think that it was awesome. However, it was pretty incredible. I have never seen anything like it in my life.

There is a drainage creek near my place with 25' banks, sometimes there is a small stream running through it. On Friday the water was up to the edges of the banks. When I went over to take a look there were some kids that had climbed the fence and were throwing stuff into the water to see how fast it was going.

I told them to get out of there as it was dangerous since the banks might give way. The told me I was not their mother so I couldn't tell them what to do. I pulled out my cell phone and told them to hold still so I could take their pictures to match them to the missing children's reports later on and I could tell the police where to start looking for the bodies. They quickly scrambled out of there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manisha DS
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Reminds me of monsoon season in Bombay when we'd get insane amounts of rain and be wading through water to get anywhere.

Glad your games are safe and hope you don't have too much water damage.

And just because it seems appropriate... galoshes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
HOLY COW that's a lot of water. Glad everything including your games ended up safe and sound. We had some friends have sewage back up into their basement...uh...definitely *not* awesome.

There's a salad dressing plant not far from my house and not long ago they had a large tank dump into the sewer and it backed up in many homes near the factory. I don't know what would be worse, sewage or curdling caesar salad dressing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Blankenship
United States
Owens Cross Roads
AL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's a moray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty impressive. Where do you live?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.