Popular Tags: [View All]
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that you can activate a nuit once per turn. So, that means that if you move a unit you can't have it fire.

Isn't that kindo f strange somehow? If I move it's to be in good position to fire, but I can't until next turn and basically tell my opponent, "Here I am , free shot for you before I can attack" Even if I do an Advance to get no Op Fire at me, I still stand there unable to fire and the opponent still get his shot when it's his turn. That situationleads to both opponents refusing to move sometimes. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinwolf wrote:
That situationleads to both opponents refusing to move sometimes.

And this certainly never happens in real combat, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Kinwolf wrote:
That situationleads to both opponents refusing to move sometimes.

And this certainly never happens in real combat, right?

And in real combat you never fire immediately after moving? You wait to be shot at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M·ANTONIVS·M·F·M·N
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally in combat some guys move....and some guys fire to cover the advance..... (this is a huge simplification of the process)

Try running towards a machine gun nest wildly firing an M1 rifle....you might be shooting but you are almost certainly not accomplishing anything.

Now try and run towards the same position with a few guys putting aimed, directed and concentrated fire into the position.......it's way "easier"

Unsupported attacks are doomed to failure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I can understand that, it's just that the Move order can seem so counter-productive that I was wondering if there was something in it we where missing.

In ASL or Conflict of Heroes you can move,stop and fire if you have enough actions left, but in CC you can never fire after a move. It looked strange to us. But if it was really meant that way, we'll get use to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinwolf wrote:
Yeah, I can understand that, it's just that the Move order can seem so counter-productive that I was wondering if there was something in it we where missing.

In most scenarios, there is an attacker who can't win if he doesn't move. So I would say that not moving is counterproductive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty M
Ireland
Fermoy
Co Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinwolf wrote:
....but in CC you can never fire after a move. It looked strange to us. But if it was really meant that way, we'll get use to it.

You can fire at any point during your move order by playing an Assault Fire Action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elirlandes wrote:
You can fire at any point during your move order by playing an Assault Fire Action.

There is no Assault Fire Action in Combat Commander: Pacific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty M
Ireland
Fermoy
Co Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
elirlandes wrote:

There is no Assault Fire Action in Combat Commander: Pacific.

Aaaargh! I had a momentary mental block & was thinking of CC:E.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd imagine this helps mitigate a bad hand of cards from the defender's point of view. They typically hold fewer cards so if they do not have a fire card in hand when you charge up to them, you could technically run across the map then flamethrower/fire from close range without any chance of a response from the defender.

This way, you could run right up on them. If they don't have a fire card, they could still try to reconnoiter one, fall back, or otherwise react in a way other than firing.

Robert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinwolf wrote:

In ASL or Conflict of Heroes you can move,stop and fire if you have enough actions left, but in CC you can never fire after a move. It looked strange to us. But if it was really meant that way, we'll get use to it.

Also consider that CC is very abstracted. Much of the strangeness is easily explained by the game mechanics. If you consider each "fire" card you use as the only time your units are shooting, the game can indeed seem a bit off with reality.

If, however, you assume that each fire card doesn't represent the only times a unit fires, but rather the only times it fires and has a chance of hitting anything. I assume that units are firing all the time, but when you play that fire card, that's why the sarge is walking down the line coordinating fire so it may result in a successful supression/kill of an enemy.

But hey, if these guys are shooting all the time, they got to get lucky sometime don't they? I mean, you put that much lead into the air, even if badly aimed, and somebody is going to get hurt.

And that, my friends, is where the "sniper" trigger enters the fray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.