Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is the thumb button not showing up on my firefox browser but its showing up on explorer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
Why is the thumb button not showing up on my firefox browser but its showing up on explorer?

Using Firefox 3.5.1 and it's showing up here. Problems with the Java plugin, perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fellonmyhead wrote:
Using Firefox 3.5.1 and it's showing up here. Problems with the Java plugin, perhaps?

Thumbs don't use Java, they use Javascript (which is totally different despite the similar name). So if there's some kind of plugin having to do with scripting, that might have something to do with it.

But yeah... FF is fine here, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what would I need to do to fix it?

Thanks for the responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to Tools/Options/Content and make sure Javascript is enabled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Go to Tools/Options/Content and make sure Javascript is enabled.
okay tried that and it was already enabled still have the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have any other plugins that might affect scripting enabled? Go to Tools->Add-Ons (or maybe Plugins depending on the version) and see if disabling anything helps. Might not be a bad idea to remove any BGG-related cookies (or just clear all your cookies), though I'm not sure that would have anything to do with thumbs not working.

When in doubt, nuking my personal Firefox folder from orbit has helped in the past, though it's been years since I've needed to do so. Just keep a copy of your bookmarks, close Firefox, and delete the folder (on Windows, C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try clearing your cache. Did that move in FF3.5? All I'm seeing is Tools/Clear Recent History. Show the details (press the v if you see it) and and only have cache checked, and pick everything from the drop down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Try clearing your cache. Did that move in FF3.5? All I'm seeing is Tools/Clear Recent History. Show the details (press the v if you see it) and and only have cache checked, and pick everything from the drop down.
Okay that worked. Thanks very much for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome. That's a pretty good step to take any time you see such an oddity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem, though only the thumb button for the thread was missing. Tried clearing the cache, and refreshed the page, that worked fine, many thanks! And of course I've made sure it worked by thumbing all the words of wisdom on this thread....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.