Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm yet to play my first game, but after reading the rules, this question came to mind:

What if the SA attacks the ringbearers?? Nowhere is this scenario underlined in the victory conditions. I'm certain I must be missing something, but thematically it seems quite possible...

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no way for the shadow player to directly attack the fellowship. However, the presence of Nazguls and shadow armies in the same area as the fellowship increases the chances of a successful hunt. And the shadow player wins if the ring-bearer suffers too much corruption from hunting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is easy to slip away from a big noisy army. Only the flying Nazgul may find them.

There are some cards that may hurt them too -

My favourite game. Good luck with your first game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no way to kill the FSP other than corruption (unlike other companions).
eker wrote:
It is easy to slip away from a big noisy army. Only the flying Nazgul may find them.

Any army in the same region as the "last known position" of the FSP will also grant a hunt reroll (the same way one or more Nazgul does). I suppose you're right about the cards though. The event cards usually require having a Nazgul in the region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
There is no way to kill the FSP other than corruption (unlike other companions).
eker wrote:

Any army in the same region as the "last known position" of the FSP will also grant a hunt reroll (the same way one or more Nazgul does). I suppose you're right about the cards though. The event cards usually require having a Nazgul in the region.

You are right. I was slightly off target. My point to his simple question was that it is easy to slip away from a big noisy army with a small cautious group of men.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.