2 Posts

Four Lost Battles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pontoon trains and ZOCs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
olivier R
France
flag msg tools
I need to know whether you can deploy a pontoon in an enemy ZOC or not for the second battle Katzbach.

The rules are a bit contradictory here.

On one hand, it says : Pontoon Bridges may be deployed into an EZOC. (9.22)

But on the other hand : If a train is placed in an EZOC it is immediately abandonned. For Pontoon trains (whether deployed or not) the owning player immediately rolls the die. A pontoon train may be captured intact on a 1,2 or 3, and is destroyed on a 4,5 or 6. (9.15)

So what gives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Roach
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, I agree; the way it is written, it is not that clear.

The issue is that ZOCs don’t actually extend across rivers. Here is how I think it works, but I’d need to confirm. You deploy the pontoon bridge, which technically sits on the river, and ZOCs do not extend across bridges/rivers, however this is not a “real bridge”; it can be captured intact. So you can deploy it, into what would otherwise be an EZOC. Basically it means this: You deploy it, and if is enemy is still adjacent or moves adjacent in his turn or on a subsequent turn, it is captured or destroyed.

Edit: Note, this allows you to capture it, without actually having to sit a unit on it.

-Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.