Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone tell me what "DE" means? I think it means "Displaced" but I'm not sure. thanks, (SFRR)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Double Envelopment".

It is a Battle Card which causes extra losses to the loser if it is the card that wins the Battle.

It is a fairly rare card in the Battle Deck, so it is often a good gamble to use it to try and win a battle decisively even though you automatically lose the initiative.

Historically Hannibal used it, and I believe his ability in the game lets his use another card as a DE, so he will win that way (and cause extra carnage) more often than any other general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agentzen wrote:
"Double Envelopment".

It is a Battle Card which causes extra losses to the loser if it is the card that wins the Battle.

It is a fairly rare card in the Battle Deck, so it is often a good gamble to use it to try and win a battle decisively even though you automatically lose the initiative.

Historically Hannibal used it, and I believe his ability in the game lets his use another card as a DE, so he will win that way (and cause extra carnage) more often than any other general.

Thanks! I saw where someone said (in another thread) that they "DE'd" Rome? Maybe they meant the Army guarding Rome/Latium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.