Subject: Does this exist or am I going to have to invent it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Stevenson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi

This should be an interesting challenge for you clever game recommendation boffins (at least I hope so!).

My wife and I were watching Back to the Future 3 last night and the scene where Marty is being hanged from the clock tower by Mad Dog Tannen and Doc turns up with his converted rifle thingy and leather coat prompted her to say 'Is there a Wild West boardgame out there, it would be cool?' Well, you can imagine my inner geek woke up at this point and thought 'yay, games! If I can't find something on BGG then someone else might.'

After some careful questioning of my spouse as to the exact kind of Wild West game she would want, we figured out she wouldn't be interested in a wargamey, shooty skirmish type game but more of an adventure type set in the Wild West. With a possibly steampunky aroma to it. I guess the easiest way to put it would be a wild west themed Runebound/Talisman kind of thing based on an idea by Jules Verne and the guy that did Wild Wild West with Will Smith.

I've had a look through the first 10 pages of the American West game category but didn't find anything that would do, although Deadlands: Doomtown did seem to have a cool theme but it's a CCG so it's out really.

Come on, I have faith in you guys

I have started noting some ideas and mechanics in case I have to design it myself but I'm hoping not to need to make the effort!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
What you really want is the upcoming Deadlands: The Battle for Slaughter Gulch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stevenson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cool, didn't spot that one! I've shown my wife the details and she seems very keen.

However, there's precious little information and piccies out there for a game that's due next month.

I'm keeping an eye on this one definitely (and thanks for an insanely quick response time of 11 minutes!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.