Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
Trust me. You know it makes sense
mbmbmbmbmb
With swine flu sweeping the Nation if not the globe my wife made an interesting and sincere statement. Should I get swine flu I will be quarantined and not allowed out until I have recovered.

Was I horrified? Was I Bol***ks! I have already moved Field Commander: Alexander the Great and Fire in the Sky in there as two solitaire games I own.

I figure I can play Dominion and other games online via BSW.

I also have Bitter Woods I have hardly looked at and I do enjoy A Touch of Evil (that plays remarkably well solo).

I am now searching for some one in the locale with swine flu that I can 'bump' into.

I reckon I'll be good for a few days and nights.

My question to you all is; If you were to be in isolation for a few days what games do you take in with you? And should I order yet another game on the off chance I can string a sore throat out for 2 weeks?

Cheers
D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Another User
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
B-17: Queen of the Skies would be my solo game of choice. Of course, for a really long quarantine, I'd probably set up Twilight Imperium (Third Edition): Shattered Empire with all the options and 8 "players" for a mega solo play.

Of course, if the games were contaminated by my touch, I wouldn't want to play with my copies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aggricola, with the 8 game solo version, should fill up your time well enough. Then you can try to beat your previous score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
DeviousDamen wrote:
If you were to be in isolation for a few days what games do you take in with you?

Left 4 Dead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic.

Duh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftschiff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The "Song of Ice and Fire" books by G.R.R. Martin - then you can play the various Game of Thrones games when you come out.

Alternatively, you could bring in that honking big rulebook for a game that you've always wanted to learn - Yeah, I'm looking at you ASL - and play through some solo games to get the rules down.

OTOH, you might want to stick to stuff that you can burn afterward, so that no germs come out of quarantine with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
Trust me. You know it makes sense
mbmbmbmbmb
TTA:ASoC is another one that I can play through to get the rules down. I also have Red November tucked away.

Strange though it may seem I am kinda looking forward to getting swine flu. Knowing my luck it will just pass me by.

B17 Queen of the Skies may be one to get in though. I have played a Game of Thrones a few times but never read the books. Thanks for the thoughts.

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.