Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Is there a subscription thread for regular trade (not math trade or auction) GeekLists?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/4/region/1

then near top "subscribe"... this will let you know (like I was for this thread) whenever a new thread is created in the "Trades" forum (it will include discussion threads for math trades, etc but you can just mark those as read w/out ever opening them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Is there a subscription thread for regular trade (not math trade or auction) GeekLists?
JeffyJeff wrote:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/4/region/1

then near top "subscribe"... this will let you know (like I was for this thread) whenever a new thread is created in the "Trades" forum (it will include discussion threads for math trades, etc but you can just mark those as read w/out ever opening them)

Thanks for the tips! However, it's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm planning to create a GeekList of games I have for trade, and was wondering if there was a thread where I could notify people of this GeekList. But it seems from what you've told me that if they've subscribed to the trade forums, this notification should come up automatically for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squash wrote:
Thanks for the tips! However, it's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm planning to create a GeekList of games I have for trade, and was wondering if there was a thread where I could notify people of this GeekList. But it seems from what you've told me that if they've subscribed to the trade forums, this notification should come up automatically for them.

I'm not sure for what purpose you are creating a geeklist of your items for trade... if you already have them marked "for trade" in your collection then they will automatically show up when folks do a direct search (or you do a diret search, http://www.boardgamegeek.com/trade).

Seems like a lot more work to maintain a perpectual "I have these for trade" geeklist

Personally I think math trades work better, direct trades are hard to find
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
squash wrote:

I'm not sure for what purpose you are creating a geeklist of your items for trade... if you already have them marked "for trade" in your collection then they will automatically show up when folks do a direct search (or you do a diret search, http://www.boardgamegeek.com/trade).

Seems like a lot more work to maintain a perpectual "I have these for trade" geeklist

Personally I think math trades work better, direct trades are hard to find

I wanted to create a limited-time offer of really good trade deals in order to clear out a bunch of games before I move. And here is the GeekList:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/44685

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squash wrote:
I wanted to create a limited-time offer of really good trade deals in order to clear out a bunch of games before I move. And here is the GeekList:

hmm, ok, not sure why you needed a geeklist for that the way you organized it though... the reason to use a geeklist is this way is normally to list each game you are trading as it's own item so folks can see the other stats about it and folks can post comments to individual items. What you got wuold have worked fine as a trades forum post

in any case, don't know of any "annoucement" thread for it, maybe smoeone else does...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.