Popular Tags: [View All]
Knut Krummnacker
Germany
K├╝rten
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today, while playing our first scenario with the Japanese air force, my gaming buddy and I were not sure if we understood the Kamikaze action right and have not found anything in the official FAQ.

The rules state:

Quote:
"Airplane dives on an adjacent enemy ground or ship unit, rolling 2 dice and ignoring terrain protection. Any symbol rolled that scores a hit on the unit targeted causes the entire unit to be removed from the battlefield."

The card (7) states "Any hit scored eliminates entire unit".

So does "Any symbol rolled" really mean that an infantry or tank unit is eliminated by a grenade symbol too?

Thank you for your help,
Knut
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It means any die face that would normally cause a hit on that particular unit, destroys the entire unit.

So in order to hit an Infantry, you would need to roll 1 of the 2 Infantry symbols or the grenade. Armor, Stars and Flags would be ignored.

In order to hit an Armor, you would need to roll the Armor symbol or the grenade. Infantry, Stars and Flags would be ignored.

In order to hit any other unit (artillery, ships, trains, etc), you would need to roll the grenade. Infantry, Armor, Stars and Flags would be ignored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Norris

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesnt that section also say something that the opponent does not get a victory point as long as a grenade is not rolled? So does this mean that if I attack a battleship as in the example with kamakazi and I roll a grenade I get the points for the battleship and my opponent gets the point for my plane?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Martinez Miguez
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DOAisBetter wrote:
Doesnt that section also say something that the opponent does not get a victory point as long as a grenade is not rolled? So does this mean that if I attack a battleship as in the example with kamakazi and I roll a grenade I get the points for the battleship and my opponent gets the point for my plane?

Yes in that case both players get a medal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.