Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 40ish here Celsius which is pretty hot relative to what we are used to. I have retreated to my studio which is in the basement on the side opposite of the afternoon sun, so I have the coolest abode in the house. I generally solve every problem by retreating to my studio.

Everyone keeping cool?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Beating the WHAT?!

Oh... heat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thank you. I am managing to cope with the heatwave by living in the north of England, and despite the promises of a blistering summer, it has pissed down most every day. The sun came out long enough for me to cut the grass after a month, but not long enough for me to finish the exterior paintwork. I also pruned the privet out front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see... Austin has had 38 days of 100+ degree temps this summer, the last 30 days have been the hottest 30 day stretch in the last 100 years, over the last 22 months our rain deficit is about 2 feet below average and we are having our worst drought in over 50 years.

Heat you say?

Haven't noticed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
We may set a record here in Kentucky. This might be the first July since... uh... or maybe in... years... let's say, a long time that it didn't break 90 degrees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Ed has summarized the Austin, Texas situation. 40C is about 104F. We've seen almost 40 days of that this summer. Yep, it's hot.

I've been drinking lots of fluids, staying inside with the air conditioning, and exercising at 5 a.m. or 8 p.m.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat as Scribidinus, it's been a crappy, overly cool summer here in Minnesota (and YES, we do get hot summers here). So I'm annoyed and bummed out. SO LAME!! Global warming my @$$. LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
www.schlitterbahn.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have had 3 days this month without rain, only the humidity has gone above 25C.

You are obviously not from my part of Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it was 102°. Not so hot by some standards, but hey, we don't have air conditioning or even a fan in the attic, so the top floor of our house is stifling. My daughters are asleep in the basement to keep cool; if the top floor is still too hot when I go to sleep around midnight, then I'll join them.

Edit: And that's 102°F. 39°C for those with rational-but-oh-so-boring unit systems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thankfully July may achieve normal temps after an unusually cool June and May. We had a streak of 95+ days and since I don't have a/c I did what I usually do in the summer. Drink beer, open some windows in the evening and run all the fans on high.

In less than a week it's supposed to drop down into the 70's... which is back to the overly cool temps again.

Chapel - I asked my son how he was enjoying the Austin heat after growing up in the Pacific NW. He just sent me an image of their swimming pool down there....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Chapel - I asked my son how he was enjoying the Austin heat after growing up in the Pacific NW. He just sent me an image of their swimming pool down there....

Heh, he shoulda stayed here. The afternoons have been sunny, but thick fog/mist has been rolling in from the sea before sunset, keeping things cool. On my way to dinner tonight, I had to put on a flannel.

(On the other hand, it can't be that hot there, since no one's in the pool! Growing up in Sacramento, we used to stay submerged until 9PM.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I moved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stayed....in the air conditioning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here in Toronto, the temperature's actually been quite reasonable this summer. We haven't even bothered to put the window A/C unit back in. (We replaced the windows in the fall, and just left it out.) The ceiling fan has been enough at night. We spend most of our time at home in the basement, anyway (that's where the TV, computers, and board games are...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh good, iklinck, we're going over your way in 3 weeks.

Over here, though. Today. It's going to be about 30* C again and as I type this my feet are caressing an ice pack. I loathe hot weather. I take cool showers, I drink no alcohol, I got one of those gel necktie cooling things, and I avoid using the 'puter or my ancient TV after the morning. But at least it's cooler than my work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
What heat? this has been the mildest Mid-Atlantic summer I can remember. We are usually sitting in the mid 90's with 90% humidity. Its only been in the 80's and rather dry.

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just starting to get hot here in CT. It has been a pretty cool summer so far until this week. Upper 80F's plus humidity, which sucks! I had to turn ont he AC this week when sleeping, the dog really hates this. But we have been getting a lot of rain too, so I don't think we have a rainfall deficit at least.

When it's hot, we go to our bedroom, turn ont he ac, and watch buffy. =) Dog will sleep peacefully under the bed. It's good times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Just wait till he finds the lake. devil

He'll love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
I already do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Del_Esau wrote:
It's 40ish here Celsius...

Now now, Canada, we've discussed this: no statehood until you convert to a real measurement of temperature.

As for New York, this has been one of the mildest summers in memory. We've yet to have a single day crack 90 this July, a first in god knows how long. (Strangely, we had a few days of 90+ weather last April, then it rained for 2 months straight.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boston has had the same thing as New York, not really hot temperatures until recently. It's been fairly hot, but not blistering hot. Yay for winds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A/C, staying indoors, avoiding the sun, drinking lots of water, 100% fruit juice popsicles, lying on the tile floor, etc.

It's cooler here than where we used to live. Plus, being a native Floridian I'm fairly acclimated. That, and not attending a school with air conditioning until high school!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
The non-stop rain and near 80% humidity have been killing me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Heh, he shoulda stayed here. The afternoons have been sunny, but thick fog/mist has been rolling in from the sea before sunset, keeping things cool. On my way to dinner tonight, I had to put on a flannel.

(On the other hand, it can't be that hot there, since no one's in the pool! Growing up in Sacramento, we used to stay submerged until 9PM.)

It may be that way on the coast, but go inland a hundred miles. Where I live, it's in the foothills of the Cascade mountains. Cooler, but it can still get into the upper 80's/lower 90's (as it has for all of last week/this week). I don't even want to look at my lawn... zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.