Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Stewart
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently acquired MG, and although I've only played once, it seems like it will be a fantastic game with lots of decisions, good replayability, and a reasonable playtime. I will know more as I play tomorrow night, and then again at WBC!
Anyway, can anyone compare NWBM to MG - from game depth and fun, to replayabity, to length of game? I'm always looking for a quality, short wargame, and NWBM sounds like a candidate.
Thks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tom,

MGM (Monty's Gamble: Market-Garden) was my first published design. It was based on the rules set of Avalon Hill's game BKN (Breakout: Normandy). As such it is a bit rules-heavy. If you have not done so you should download the Living Rules for MGM. Immediately after publication I spent several months doing a major scrubbing of the original BKN language.

Not War But Murder (NWBM) is one of my most recent published designs and while there are still many commonalities it is a much sleeker, and simpler, set of rules.

Michael Rinella

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.