Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlyn Morenus
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are trying to play Kingmaker for the first time (well, the first time in 25 years, anyway!) We have a 1974 Ariel copy of the game. A couple of questions have come up for which we can't seem to locate definitive answers:

1) If a single noble lays siege to an occupied town, and the card he draws kills him, does the besieged player in the town still lose? What happens to him?

2) Related to movement on roads. At the end of your movement, do you have to stop at a town/castle that is directly on the road, or can you end at any town/castle in the square in which you stop? For example, if I'm traveling on the London-Shrewsbury road, do I have the option of ending my travel at Conventry or Ashby (in the same square as the road, but not on the road itself)? Or may I only end on the road itself (either in open country or in a castle/town such as Shrewsbury)?

Thanks much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Whyman
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
from Game Crafter
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe somebody recently posted images of the TM Games version's rules. That would be the version immediately following the Ariel edition. I'm not actually reading from them as I write this, so perhaps this is just convention rather than rule, but here goes:

The siege is successful, place your control marker. Imagine General Wolfe at Quebec, Nelson at Trafalgar etc. The noble then dies. He and his transferables go to the discard pile and his title and office go to the Chancery. The besieged nobles we must assume are executed since the winning player would immediately lose control of them otherwise. I don't think it is worth splitting hairs over whether or not the attcking noble dies before or after the player gets the choice of executing the prisoners. Think of it as being the garrison which now implement the will of the attacking player. However you rationalize it, my view is that the attacking player should be rewarded for winning the siege not be punished for it twice over.

I play that you can go to any location within the final area that you moved to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smith
Canada
Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2) the rules state (somewhere in the examples) that you can end your move anywhere in the final square of the road. So yes, you can end in Ashby.

Warm regards, Rick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.