Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to the comparison to Tetris, I joked about needing to see what the next piece would be. I'm surprised I didn't see this variant posted here already.

Basically, after each player places their starting pieces, flip over 2 cards (instead of 1). The first card flipped is the piece that will be placed now, the 2nd card flipped will be the next piece. After the 1st piece is placed, discard the 1st card, slide the 2nd card into the 1st card slot, then flip another card into the 'next piece' slot. Repeat until the deck is exhausted.

It's a small tweak, totally unplaytested, but I think it would add a little more planning since you can place the first piece in such a way to perfectly place the known next piece, instead of blind luck. Has anyone already tried playing this way? What do people think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Romano
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played it this way, but I have suggested it.

Seems to me that this variant should lead to slightly higher scores and less frustrating situations.

(There's also a chance for greater analysis-paralysis, but I can't say for sure until I play it that way.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Wilson
United Kingdom
bristol
flag msg tools
A fine idea. I had my first game of FITS last night and found myself trying to hum the theme tune to Tetris. maybe that coukd be used as a timing device to speed players along ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.