Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The homepage od the publisher says 3-5, the geek says 2-5, and most shops pages say... nothing

Does anyone own the game and can help me? And how is the game with just 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It works with 2, but barely. I'd recommend at least 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Josefsson
Sweden
Lund
Skane
flag msg tools
Badges? We don' need no stinkin' badges!
badge
It's playable with 2, but much of the game lies in the interaction between players - who to ally with during a mission, who to steal from etc. The playing time runs away with more players, but the experience is so much better that I recommend it with more players (5 ideally).

There is a downloadable expansion though that makes the game playable solitaire. Haven't tried it as it requires a lot of print and paste work.

Having played a lot of these fantasy adventure boardgames I really recommend this one though - it's a little more grown up. But beware that the player interaction can get rather rough sometimes with pvp conflict. You need a group that can handle such in game hostility.

If you and your gaming group are fluent german speakers (something I suspect considering the flag by your user name =) the game flows smoothly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your fast replies. I will mainly play the game 2-player, so this really matters. It seems that it is not worthwhile to get it for only two. Did I get that correct? Or would you say that it only isn't as good as with more, but still worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz STEPPONAT
Germany
Wiesbaden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo,
with the solo-expansion it is possible to play it with two players, because the npcs from the expansion take the part of the other players. We've played it once, boardgame and expansion together, with four players and it worked well, but all of the players were well motivated.
We played it without the "Gruppen und Begleiter" rules, because the players should build their own groups, by hiring npcs.
We had some problems, solving fights between two groups. I think i found some solutions for the problems and will make another test soon.
Phantastische Grüße
cool Lutz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lutz,

good to hear that. And if you ever come up with a real 2p-variant, let us know

By the way: Will there be new games of Phantastische Abenteuer soon? I really liked the "Helden"-games and am eager to see some more games of that kind...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.