Caylus» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Satisfactory (and sour) Enlightenment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Shakespeare
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Sunday, I (username AncientRedwood) initiated a game of Caylus on BrettspielWelt. A user named Idyllwild entered the room and asked to play. Since I was having trouble finding an opponent, I accepted without hesitation.
But I had seen this guy lately. He had a more-than-fifty winning percentage and had been winning a lot. I could just imagine him as an old, barefooted, white-bearded man sitting on the peak of a mountain with nothing but a lap-top and his enlightened mind. The thought, however fanciful, was a little disconcerting.
The game began as a Caylus game should (What else can I say?). The chat-box jerked, and my opponent said that I was giving him a harder time in the opening than he had dealt with in a long while. I said, "Just wait "
When the middle game started, I could tell that he was having a stronger one; but I made a couple of key decisions concerning the castle and resource control that just kept my head from going under. I also had an enormous amount of money, which got to 24 at one point! He didn't have much, so I built the bank.
When the endgame started, I didn't have very many resources for building Prestige Buildings, so I started to hoard gold. My opponent built most of the 6-point stone buildings and the 14-point, 2-favor Prestige Building. I felt behind, but I couldn't do much about it.
In a very tight last turn to the end––which was a little surprising when it happened, for I expected Idyllwild to push the provost backwards instead of forward,––we had a final count, me getting a 5-point favor and building the last 6-point building; and him getting a 5-point favor, some money, and building a 4-point wooden building.
I had 26 after-points: 7 gold, 18 Denirs, and 3 cubes; my opponent had only 1.
Final score: 134 to 134! surprisewow Kind of tart, but very good considering that I felt like I was blowing the game. I felt enlightened!
Thanks, Idyllwild, for a very satisfying game!
P.S. Do you geeks know what the ruling for ties is on BSW? It said I won in the text box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There can be ties in Caylus. I think Elo rating handles this by making the higher rated player lose half the points he would normally lose and the lower rated player gaining half what he would normally gain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.