David Henry
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me in Pink starting with Clafairy
James in Blue starting with Squirtle

Blue heads out on his pokémon adventure first, encounters and catches a Slowpoke right away. Damn him, I need all the Internet meme-related pokémon I can get. My first turn I pick up a few items, one of will will pay off very soon. 2nd turn he catches another pink low level monster. I roll, draw an event and low and behold. "Mystery Dungeon Pokémon" I flip Zapdos, use the Master Ball I just grabbed and Boom! No clue how that works out. But Me and my little Clafairy take down a Legendary. I must be the best Trainer ever, at least until later. At this point James is pretty ticked but thems the breaks.

After we both collect 4-5 more pokémon a piece we move to the more open parts of the island. For a few turns I'm a pretty big jerk to him. I force him into a few battles the he can't possibly defeat my Zapdos. He pulls an event and ends up with Mewtwo, and the turn after that ends up with Moltres. Now it's two ledendaries to 1. I'm not feeling so hot any more. Until I pull a Trade event and continue my jerkish ways. Hummm this pathetic Weedle is defiantly a fair trade for the Mewtwo, YOINK!

We both have the requisite 20 points easily and make our way to the end game. During a few laps around Indigo Plateau it's revenge time. He fights me 3 times. Knocking out both my Legendaries and stealing most of my items. Just my luck, I land on the Final Battle and draw the strongest rival, Gary. Who proceeds to whip my Clefable into next week. I'm forced to lap the plateau picking up potions to get back up to full strength. While I'm doing that James picks up the last Legendary, Moltres and goes into the Final Battle and draws the much easier Bruno. Moltres and two +4 attack cards send his rival packing and wins him the game.

Final Pokémon Collections
-Pink-
Clefairy
Clefable
Seaking
Polywhirl
Hitmonchan
Kadabra
Mewtwo
Zapdos

-Blue-
Squirtle
Mr. Mime
Gyarados
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Weedle
Butterfree
Ekans
Nidaran (Male)
Nidaran (female)
Nidarina
Moltres
Articuno
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rowland
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holdem Colfield
msg tools
LoL

A weedle for a mewtwo is definitely a fair trade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.