Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
Been playing this today with my 6 and 4 year olds, Their memories better than mine! But my daughter is a sore loser.

A few points in the rules were a bit subtle but I reread the rules just now and they became clear.

We've been playing that the outside two cards are face up, and the inside ones face down. This is nice because you can guess other players' scores from the outside two cards, and also put good cards on the outside to keep them safe from poaching.

I also love the way the game ends with a player calling Rat-a-tat-Cat, if makes it more of a race and an extra tricky decision. There's actually quite a lot of depth to this simple game I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered my 6 year old could read the hidden print on the back of the cards without the red filter. (this is the Deluxe version). So here memory was in fact observation! I struggle to read it at all, the print is tiny!

I think this is a great kids game, and there is a bit of strategy in trying to go out quickly or stretch the game out. Good for their addition skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have the standard version. Which was seriously overpriced!

The kids get annoyed when I "Rat-a-tat-cat" before they have achieved their perfect score... I have been reading about kids getting grumpy playing other games on BGG (specifically Chicken Cha Cha Cha, although my kids loved Cccc this evening when we tried it for the first time)... The challenge is to find a game the kids enjoy without getting grumpy if they lose! Hey That's My Fish looks good in that respect (yet to try it), and Carcassonne works pretty well for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.