Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
There's been a recent change to the screen layout when I select "games played" (all games). The tabulated listing of name / #plays (Qty) used to be in the middle of the screen. It is now the full width of the screen. The game name column expands, the Qty column width stays constant.

On my screen, this means that the Qty is about 20 inches away from the game name. It's pretty hard to associate the two bits of info.

If you want to stick with this variable width layout, is there any chance of showing the Qty in the left most column rather than on the right? That way the fixed width column will stay in one place and the variable width column will grow rightwards.

In other words:

Qty...Game.................................

is IMHO better than

Game................................................................................Qty...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow yeah they are on other sides fo the screen for me too.

Must be a bug? It was so nice looking to begin with in condensed before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Great Dane wrote:
No problems in Vista+IE8

I'm using XP + IE8.

If upgrading to Vista is the answer, then I must be asking the wrong question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm running Firefox at work. And as it's at work I have no control over if they upgrade to Vista which they won't.

But, it's also at home and I can't upgrade to Vista because it's a MAC running Safari at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say that I had never seen this screen before, but it does have the same annoying bug that the other screens I use for games played has...

The drop-down selections don't work (IE7). If I click the drop-down for type, I see a list of All, Board Games, RPG, whatever...but I can't move my mouse over to choose one. The list rolls up as soon as I move my mouse pointer away from the drop-down triangle. Same thing happens for "by month, game, etc" selection box.

And if I don't choose a type (leaving the default "All" on screen), I get no results. I have to click the drop-down for type, try to move my mouse only to see the list go away (but at least it has acquired focus at that point). Then I can use my keyboard down-arrow to change the selection to "Board Games," hit enter on the keyboard, and finally click "Go" with the mouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's just a standard Windows drop down, should be nothing to do with the site.

Are you saying that only BGG has weird dropdowns for you?

edit: and here's the code, absolutely nothing beyond standard html. This has to be something weird in your IE.

< tr >
< td >Type< /td >
< td >
< select name='subtype' >
< option >All< /option >
< option value='boardgame' >Board Game< /option >
< option value='boardgameexpansion' >Board Game Expansion< /option >
< option value='rpgitem' >RPG Item< /option >
< option value='rpg' >RPG< /option >
< /select >
< /td >
< /tr >

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.