The Devil's Cauldron: The Battles for Arnhem and Nijmegen» Forums » Rules

Subject: LOS back and forth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bart clement
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi,

I've been reading quite a few treads and still can't find out one thing (and many more naturaly) because I think I've read a contradiction

I'm playing the first scenario:
there is no LOS from hex 37.54 to hex 37.55 and 36.55
but is there LOS from 37.55 and 36.55 to 37.54
if yes why ... it doesn't sound logical

thanks,
bart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bryer
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Bart: I am not familiar with the rules but I have never heard of non-reciprocal LOS unless there are some sort of smoke rules etc that pertain to a particular situation.

You could send a PM to Adam Starkweather here on BGG or post on the TDC forum on Consimworld and I am sure he will clear things up for you.

Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bart clement
Belgium
flag msg tools
bartc wrote:
Hi,

I've been reading quite a few treads and still can't find out one thing (and many more naturaly) because I think I've read a contradiction

there is no LOS from hex 37.54 to hex 37.55 and 36.54
but is there LOS from 37.55 and 36.54 to 37.54?

thanks,
bart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bart clement
Belgium
flag msg tools
thanks
I did a quote because I made a mistake with the number of one hex

I'll try your advice

cheers,
bart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only non-reciprocal LOS in TDC is to/from the special look out spots (can't remember their names right now).

Perhaps if you cut out the LOS in question from the VASSAL module and showed placed it into your message here it would be clearer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Perni
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bartc wrote:
Hi,

there is no LOS from hex 37.54 to hex 37.55 and 36.54
but is there LOS from 37.55 and 36.55 to 37.54

thanks,
bart

Uh? I have no rules handy, but the LOS from 37.54 to 37.55 and 36.54 is clear, what make you think it should be blocked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bart clement
Belgium
flag msg tools
I'm not familiar with VASSAL being a newbie
(only got experience with games like Revolution, Through The Ages, Brass, Tide of Iron and a few more but I like a challenge )

here is where I got confused
maybe I miss interpreted it

from the following tread

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2726820#2726820

Quote:

"My experience has been really the opposite one. When starting the scenario I had similar expectations - I will get my ass royally kicked down that road. Well as it played out - I didn't. The first two OppFire opportunities of the '88 just didn't happen. Bad die rolls. Only when moving the last hex towards it with the leading unit I sustained a hit but only as Cohesion Hit so I moved adjacent to the '88 successfully killing its LOS down the road. This opened up a whole set of new possibilities. I stopped there and took a shot at him with a secondary action and missed. The second and third armoured were able to come right behind the lead tank disengage the piggy-backed units and fire as a secondary action both hit with S, one time the '88 waived it off to a cohesion hit, the other one stayed making him effectually suppressed."

cheers,
bart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bart clement
Belgium
flag msg tools
Tompy wrote:
The only non-reciprocal LOS in TDC is to/from the special look out spots (can't remember their names right now).

After more thorough reading of the rules (which I should have done in the first place) I found out that LOS in TDC is indeed always reciprocal with the only exception mentioned by Jeff Thompson, the non-reciprocal LOS to/from strongpoints.
And there is LOS from 36.54 & 37.55 to 37.54. Shame on me!

Sorry, I should have read the rules a few times more "back and forth" before putting this post.

bart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.