• [+] Dice rolls
Breno K.
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that really sounds like shit. Thanks for the review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hélio Andrade
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, a game on the level of monopoly!
it's nice to see in a quick review how a game can go so wrong... thanks for the review, even with bad games they're very informative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TomVasel wrote:
*GROAN/EYE ROLL* I'm going to reserve my judgment....

Note to self: Play poker with Tom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, that game was made by a Kiwi so I am a little sad that it seems a little um, problematic. Also, after that review (which seems very fair) I think that he is going to be left with a bunch of copies gathering dust in his lounge.

Now New Zealand has produced two shocking games, this and the game that shall not be mentioned...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Wolff
United States
poulsbo
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. That's 7:22 I'll never get back. At least I got to spend it with Tom and he prevented me from spending more time on this game. Yuck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good review Tom.

I, like Tom, was hopeful about this game when I first saw it. I can't help but believe that you could make a good game out of this though. I do agree that the luck factor and the stealing mechanic do seem to unbalance things severely.

I know the point of the review is to identify the game "as is" but I've never shied away from tweaking rules I don't like and I really belive there is a good game in there somewhere given the good mechanic with the tiles and such.

There could be one less dusty copy in New Zealand if I think on this a little more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
The worst part is, I can sure see a good game somewhere in those components. It seems like it was dumbed-down at some point. Looks like they may have dumbed it down too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My kids love this game and I don't mind playing it with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like it would be better if the robber guy only returned you to start, or if after taking one of your elements (randomly?) that the robber goes back to start. Yeah, having both this things together just sounds ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Honeyfield
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bolter wrote:

Now New Zealand has produced two shocking games, this and the game that shall not be mentioned...

As an expat Kiwi likely to be back home soon - can you mention the 'unmentionable' (even in a geekmail) so i don't make a regretful purchase.

Kia ora

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hancock
Australia
flag msg tools
and the Truth shall set you free!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Schaffer
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is not meant to be heavy strategy. It is for fun and delivers on that well. Easy to pick up and teach, short play time and can take 6 players.

If you review all games with the same criteria, you end up calling an other wise good game bad...as your comparing apples to oranges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.