Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
Sorry, I'm just sure this question has been posted already, but after failing to find it with a BGG Forum search* I have to ask anyway.

I use Firefox's feature to right-click in any search box, and "Add a Keyword for this Search..." to make a quick searches a breeze. Open a Firefox window (or tab), hit Ctrl-L to highlight the location bar, and then just type "bgg Race for the Galaxy" to automatically go to Boardgamegeek with a search for that game. I have the same for ebay, for Amazon, etc. They all work, but a few months ago the one for BGG stopped working for search terms with spaces in them. In other words, I can still enter "bgg Dominion" and get what I want, but "bgg Dominion Intrigue" comes up empty (as does my RftG example).

Multi-word searches with spaces still work on those other sites, ebay and Amazon--the problem only exists on BGG. I've tried deleting the keyword search bookmark and re-establishing it, but that doesn't fix the problem. Any ideas?

-Mark

* I have a tough time finding relevant discussions such as these in the BGG forums. Maybe I need to learn better ways of searching BGG, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey Mark --
That works for me. WinXP FF3.5.1.
Have you tried it on multiple computers?
--mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Harju
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Works fine. And F6 is a snappier quick key for location bar. But SmarterFox add-on makes this search pretty much obsolete imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
Yeah, I have the same trouble on two different computers. But now I'm off to learn about SmarterFox

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.