Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Fellow Geeks,

I have noticed the following: Roll through the ages, Caylus Carta Magna, San juan, Monopoly: the card game, Settlers of Catan: the card game, Ra: the dice game, and recently I saw Agricola Express (dice game). I am sure you can point many more examples.

What is next "Roll through ASL" or will it be "Axis and Allies: the card game"?

I guess publishers and designers think that it is a good idea to take a successful game and theme and transform it into a simpler dice or card game version. Where is the creativity in doing this?

Do you know any other cases?

What is your opinion?

Would you like to see more games made into dice or card game version or are you just tired of seeing these efforts to get more money away from you?

Have a great day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romian Tuesta-Vilca
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! There is also Euphrates & Tigris, the card version of T&E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Quote:
Where is the creativity in doing this?
I haven't played Dune, but all the talk about it seems to indicate that it is a heavy gamer's game. I think transforming that into Dune Express is pretty clever, actually. It's hard to adapt a game to mechanics it wasn't designed for (dice in this case) and still keep the feel of the original. More power to the designers, I say. People who want a lighter Dune or T&E or whatever get it, and it's not stopping anybody else from playing actual Dune or T&E.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.