Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured it was time to create a named thread for the adventure in printing cards that is underway with the Superior POD option.

I'm in the midst of printing my first deck (a new set of Business cards for Galaxy Trucker and a set of Space Routes for the same game). Since I am combining two decks into one print, I am playing around with two different sets of back art, and working with Jeff at SPOD to make sure I have things right.

First I set up my sheets so that I would have two columns of Space Routes and a single column of Business cards on three sheets for face art.

The 4th sheet was all back art, and had one column for Business cards and again two columns for Space Routes (but they were in a mirrored configuration, with the bottoms of the "vertical" cards facing in opposite directions:

I realize after making this example image that I should have renumbered the cards so they would be even easier to understand, but I trust most people will get what I'm doing here (I also now see there's some goofy alignment thing going on with the blue examples, but whatever). In any case, Face 3 would go with Back 1, and down those columns (essentially, they print out the face sheet, then flip it over to print the backs).

The thing I am most curious about with SPOD is the perfect bound rulebook they can include that will also fit into one of their tuck boxes. They don't have a template for the rulebook, but I wasn't sure how to go about making one, or what format to use, file type etc- so that's my question of the day.... and anyone who has made one, I'd love to get a copy of whatever you uploaded so I can base my personal template off of it.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
I have put a Mini Rule Book Cover Template on the website for free download. Instructions for the interior of the book are there as well. I hope that answers all your questions.

www.superiorpod.com

Please let us know what else you might need.

Thanks

Superior POD!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is nice!

Too bad that international shipping (central Europe here) is 20 bucks...

I wish there was a local branch of sorts in Europe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Superior POD has officially launched our PUBLISHERS WAREHOUSE. You can now print, publish and sell your product designs all in one place!

Superior POD acts as your warehouse and order fulfilment center. We charge a very small fee for this service and we know that it is lower than other companies charge. The fees involved for this service are as follows:

•Cost for printing the product
•20% of the NET slaes price for hosting the product in Publishers Warehouse
•$2.00 order processing fee plus $0.25 per item placed in the package to ship
•Customer covers shipping costs
You can even offer trade discounts to retailers

At the end of the month we mail you a check or paypal you your profits

Lets say you have a book that costs $3.00 to print and you retail it at $18.00. If you list it for sale in our Publishers Warehouse and sell one book at full retail we would keep $3.00 for the printing and $3.60 for the hosting fee for a total of $6.60. You would receive $11.40

If you are an overseas publisher you can now forego costly international shipping charges. We will print warehouse and dropship your product directly to your North American customers. If you sell to retail stores we can even set it up so that any discount level you offere them is automatically calculated upon checkout from our store.

Find out more at www.superiorpod.com

- Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Superior POD wrote:
Superior POD has officially launched our PUBLISHERS WAREHOUSE. You can now print, publish and sell your product designs all in one place!

Great idea Jeff. Can't have The Game Crafter getting ALL the business!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
It is something we had been working on even before Game Crafter appeared. With the technology we are utilizing we know that our cards are the best out there and our paper quality on our books is of the highest quality. we wanted to take the time to be sure our warehousing capabilities were at that standard as well.

Our pricing for this service is better than anyone else out there and we will be migrating the PUBLISHERS WAREHOUSE to its own domain soon.

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Superior POD wrote:
It is something we had been working on even before Game Crafter appeared. With the technology we are utilizing we know that our cards are the best out there and our paper quality on our books is of the highest quality. we wanted to take the time to be sure our warehousing capabilities were at that standard as well.

Our pricing for this service is better than anyone else out there and we will be migrating the PUBLISHERS WAREHOUSE to its own domain soon.

Jeff

Jeff,

Your company seems not only legit, but full of awesome potential. I look forward to partnering with your business to produce some great work.

Thanks for your input and endless help on BGG. I predict the BGG community will return the favor thru copious purchases from your business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff- a couple of things... I am missing how to download the template for the rulebook cover. I see the links to read about the two templates there, but not seeing where I can get to the files themselves. I have the template for the 2.5 x 3.5 cards (which you sent to me)- but the cover for the rulebook eludes me.

On that note, I have created a doc file of a rulebook at 2.5 x 3.5 which will be converting to PDF. Is the cover TIFF supposed to just be uploaded separately, and not made part of the PDF? That is my assumption.

Finally, I look forward to the template for the Bridge-sized cards (2.25 x 3.5!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Jack,

The template downloads you "purchace" just like if you were buying product except they are free. So if you go here - http://superiorpod.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPat... and add 1 to your cart and then check out you will get the download link.

You will want to suscribe to our newsletter when registering on the site. We will be sending specials, and sale info out from time to time as well as announcing new services via this method.

The cover should be a seperate file and should be a TIFF, not a PDF. Book interior should be PDF.

Let me know if that works.

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. that all makes sense. I did sign up for notifications about the Bride cards, which is awesome. I hope we aren't keeping you on your toes too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff, I went to place my first bonafide order, but I got this message:

"10501 Invalid Configuration - This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration."

So, I don't know if it went through, and I will shall for further instructions before attempting again.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Goadrich
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the same message when ordering, and had to go through PayPal for my order. I used the same credit card and everything worked fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
I just got in front of the computer today and saw this.... I am looking into it right now.

Thanks

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
The Warp wrote:

"10501 Invalid Configuration - This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration."

So, I don't know if it went through, and I will shall for further instructions before attempting again.

Thanks

The problem was due to some conflicting Paypal API info. It is set up right now so that that should not happen again. You can pay with Credit Card, Paypal or Check or Money Order.

Sorry for the confusion.

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
The Warp wrote:

Thanks

Jack,

If you could try again it would be a big help to me. everything I have tested has shown to work but would love and outside source for a test.

Thanks

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff, I got it to go through, order number 20.

Note: There was some text that is no doubt part of an html (or rather php) template that you'll want to have changed on the checkout success page:

"A few words about the approximate shipping time or your processing policy would be put here.

This section of text is from the Define Pages Editor located under Tools in the Admin."

So, to recap- I placed an order for 2 different designs of decks. The 72 card deck is all the "threatlevel" files, and the 54 card deck is all of the "routes_business" files that I've been uploading over the last week.

Hopefully everything was correctly formatted and stuff- I gave my email and phone number, so if there's anything more I can do to clarify, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Superior POD now offers Mylar "Booster Pack" packaging.

Our Mylar packs will hold anywhere from 1 to 36 cards. This means we can now offer packaging for 12, 18, 27 and 36 card decks. Please bear in mind that these are not reusable packs like the tuck boxes. In fact, once sealed the only way to get these packs open is to cut them.... the bond where they are sealed is that strong and tamper proof.

These are only available in white but include full color printing front and back in the form of a label that again, bonds with the packaging and cannot be removed once applied. Because of the printing labels these Mylar packs must be ordered in multiples of nine (9).

you can see pictures of them on our website - www.superiorpod.com

The cost for these packs is $0.35 each fully printed. This does not include the cost of the cards

Conatct us through www.superiorpod.com with any questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
The Bridge Size Deck Template is now available for download on the website.

Jeff
www.superiorpod.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff, I was wondering if it was acceptable to order just tuck boxes without cards? I have a lot of cards already for other games, and people here on BoardGameGeek.com have been designing tuck boxes for them (I've made a few of my own)- but I'd much rather have them professionally printed and cut.

I suppose an alternative would be to upload designs for boxes and order them with completely different cards.

I'm also assuming that since the tuck box template is for 3 boxes, which are normally placed with the 3 decks one orders at once, that they could actually be 3 different designs rather than all the same. Is this so?

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
We could do that and yes, they could be three different designs. They would run $0.65 each plus shipping.

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick L
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'd love to see some pictures when you get the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyatt Bessing
msg tools
mb
Your example on the template looks strange to me. I read the template to mean that the bottom of ALL front-facing cards should be to the left, bottom of ALL card backs should be to the right. Does this make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed on your custom playing card info web page that you say that you only offer custom tuckboxes of 54 and 72. However, on the pricing web page you say that you have only two stock tuckboxes of 54 and 72 card sizes, but a custom tuckbox requires a fee for die change. I'm confused. Do you offer custom tuckboxes in other deck sizes? If so, what would die change fee be? If not, can it be cleared up? Are there templates for the tuckboxes (custom and stock)?

Thanks!

Site looks promising for my card game idea and appears to be cheaper than Gamecrafter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
wbessing wrote:
Your example on the template looks strange to me. I read the template to mean that the bottom of ALL front-facing cards should be to the left, bottom of ALL card backs should be to the right. Does this make sense?

Why does it not make sense. Take any two cards and tape one to a sheet of paper with the face up. Now take the second card and tape it on the back of the paper with the back up.... when you turn it over you will see why we lay it out the way we do.

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
jgatkinsn wrote:
I noticed on your custom playing card info web page that you say that you only offer custom tuckboxes of 54 and 72. However, on the pricing web page you say that you have only two stock tuckboxes of 54 and 72 card sizes, but a custom tuckbox requires a fee for die change. I'm confused. Do you offer custom tuckboxes in other deck sizes? If so, what would die change fee be? If not, can it be cleared up? Are there templates for the tuckboxes (custom and stock)?

Thanks!

Site looks promising for my card game idea and appears to be cheaper than Gamecrafter.

We have to stock sizes of tuck boxes as the site says, 54 and 72 cards deck sizes. We can do a custom box, the die charge is anywhere from $300-$350 to have the die made. I will have the tuck box templates up on the website later today for download.

Hope that answer helps.

Thanks

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [20] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.