Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried going through the wiki tutorial - I jacked it up though (as you can see)

can anyone help in layman's terms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like your dimensions are off... try 96 x 18 pixels.

"Like the normal Geekbadge, the ÜberGeekBadges can be thought of as an extra Avatar. It is located above the Avatar and is 100 pixels wide and 22 pixels deep, however it has two 2 pixel borders around it so the size of the image to upload is 96 x 18 pixels. Note that the Avatar is 64 pixels wide, so there is some overhang. The content of the ÜberGeekBadges can be changed by the user at any time. The actual content of the badge is limited only by the imagination and drawing talent of the Geek."

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/ubergeekbadge&redirectedf...#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This page says 80 x 15:

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Geekbadge&redirectedfrom=...#

I'm not home with Photoshop, so I can't check the dimensions of mine. Once we figure it out, we should probably make the pages agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
This page says 80 x 15:

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Geekbadge&redirectedfrom=...#

I'm not home with Photoshop, so I can't check the dimensions of mine. Once we figure it out, we should probably make the pages agree.

An UberGeekBadge is larger and allows for an image to be displayed. A GeekBadge is smaller and only allows for colored text. I believe both dimensions on the wiki are accurate.

OP, your badge image appears to only be displaying as 81 x 18.. You need to resize your original image to 96 x 18 and re-upload it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, yes, thank you. I wasn't paying attention to geekbadge v. ubergeekbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys - resizing worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why the UI for uploading our UBs has to as complicated as it is. With the new codebase, can we please have something simpler that doesn't trip up so many people and require a long wiki entry for something that should be relatively simple?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:
I don't understand why the UI for uploading our UBs has to as complicated as it is. With the new codebase, can we please have something simpler that doesn't trip up so many people and require a long wiki entry for something that should be relatively simple?

Agreed, it should simply stretch the image for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:

Yeah, the GB and UberGB configuration screen could be a lot more user friendly.. First, the GB text and UberGB image configuration should be separated from each other, since using one automatically eliminates the other.. It is confusing having it all mingled together.

Things like per-pixel control over the text and divider could probably be abstracted away from the user for 90% of people - just center the text by default.. Simply provide the inputting of text, and selection of border, background, and text colors. However, it's still nice to offer the granular level of configuration to those few advanced users who want to take advantage of it, but those could be hidden by default under an "advanced configuration" section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Qualey
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was this thread that helped me make a badge/avatar combo that I like. Thank you for the help!

This is my template for ubergeekbadge/avatar combos:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.