Subject: Can I play Greater Catan? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magrit Jones
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Hi All,

I have settlers of Catan base game (3rd edition) and all of its expansions including 5-6 players (total of six boxes).

Can I play greater Catan scenario?

Best,
Magrit

p.s - In addition, I've already ordered Traders & Barbarians, Adapter Kit, Rivers of Catan X 2, and Fishermen of Catan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head.. NO
these will be component limitations for you....

-4 addtional city bits of each color
Can just use coins or something.

-However, Seafarers + its player ext only provides 1 of each type of tile, except for ore and brick which there are 2 extras of

From Mayfair 3rd ed rules...
Quote:
A. Setup
See Illustration S. Lay out the large island (the Mainland) according to the basic rules for The Settlers of
Catan. Take all of the land hexes from the second copy of the board game(except the desert) and use them to
create the remaining islands. Shuffle these tiles face down. Then place them, face up, in the spaces shown in
the illustration. Do not put any number tokens on the small islands.

-As for the chits, you may be able to get away with this by using the Settlers 5/6 player extension chits. You only use one or the other set of chits anyways (3-4p or those that came with the 5-6p game)

All of this is just for the 3/4p game of Greater Catan

Greater Catan VI will be even more daunting in terms of making up for missing components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magrit Jones
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Best,
M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.