Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two rules questions:

1. If you have a governor that lets you start with some resources, does the other player get the bonus white die in Spring instead of both players choosing a resource in phase 1? You're no longer tied, so a strict interpretation of the rules would say 'yes,' but we played with the answer as 'no' because it didn't seem fair.

2. When playing with the military tokens do you choose your token before or after the monster is revealed? Based on the ordering in the original rulebook for when the die is rolled, we played where you choose your token after the monster is revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
banyan wrote:
1. If you have a governor that lets you start with some resources, does the other player get the bonus white die in Spring instead of both players choosing a resource in phase 1? You're no longer tied, so a strict interpretation of the rules would say 'yes,' but we played with the answer as 'no' because it didn't seem fair.

You should play this like any other turn, so if one person has no or less resources than everyone else they would get the die.

Quote:
2. When playing with the military tokens do you choose your token before or after the monster is revealed? Based on the ordering in the original rulebook for when the die is rolled, we played where you choose your token after the monster is revealed.

The java app has you choose the token before the card is revealed, so this is how I plan to play it. It leaves the uncertainty unless you were able to peek which could force you to use a larger token earlier than you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
1. The other player gets the die (if you are just 2; if you are more, each othe others is tied and thus get a resource, but not you. If you are many, yet all but one manage to get starting resources, the only "poor" player gets the die. Keep it in mind when you select your character and choose accordingly!).

2. You choose your token BEFORE revealing the Invaders. Then the Invaders and the tokens of all the players are revealed at once. It'd too easy otherwise.
I hope that sentence is not missing in the English rulebook...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:

Looking at the online rules, I think it is. It says instead of rolling the die..., but it doesn't indicate the sequence of when to reveal the card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
rmartinc wrote:
Luke the Flaming wrote:

Looking at the online rules, I think it is. It says instead of rolling the die..., but it doesn't indicate the sequence of when to reveal the card

Yeah, I came here to ask the same question because the timing is not specific in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Taylor
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we've been playing it to the letter of the rules, and have been revealing the monster, and then deciding which token to use. Seemed like it took away from those that spent the resources to take a peek at the card, but it did let them plan a little to set up for that.

But if one of the designers say to pick your token, THEN reveal, then that is how I'll be playing it from now on. That was the way I was hoping it was meant to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Gargamel wrote:
But if one of the designers say to pick your token, THEN reveal, then that is how I'll be playing it from now on. That was the way I was hoping it was meant to be.

You know where's the irony? One bazillion of things, either big or small, were changed during the development of the expansion, just as you may expect. But one of the few that was never questioned, changed, touched in any way was the TIMING of the Winttry Tokens. Yet it failed to be printed in the rulebook.
It is so ironic that I could cry... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.