Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) So far I've played the first and half of the second scenario solo. And I'm wondering what the American Engineer units (with 0 attack and 1 defense) might be used for? I deployed them down the roads to hopefully delay the German road march on the first turn. They'll probably get overrun anyways.

2) And just to make sure, units can do a road march, then a full movement right?

Thanks, Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yep, the engineers are arguably best used as garrison units for important geographical locations.

Yes to road moves then full regular moves. Makes this game quite exciting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use these to interfere with German road marches, either as a frontal screen, or in out of the way crossroads that do not merit full-strength units.

They are also useful in supplementing the defence of single-step artillery units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well they are also good to put in woods with runs in them, since these hexes cost 3 MP to enter and therefore can't be overrun. Speedbumps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.