Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has to be a silly question but ...

How many of the possible actions - sell or buy shares, buying private companies, laying track, placing a company token, running trains, paying dividends and buying trains - does a company have in each operating round.

This is not clear in the rules and at the same time, it seems to be obvious to everybody but me! Maybe it's a 18xx thing I guess...

Thanks in advance

Paulo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon craddock
United Kingdom
widnes
cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soledade wrote:

How many of the possible actions - sell or buy shares, buying private companies, laying track, placing a company token, running trains, paying dividends and buying trains - does a company have in each operating round.

You get to perform each of these actions in turn during the operating round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Harju
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soledade wrote:

This is not clear in the rules and at the same time, it seems to be obvious to everybody but me! Maybe it's a 18xx thing I guess...

Thanks in advance

Paulo

I haven't played this game, nor read rules. The following is how it generally goes.

1) Stock round is what the name implies, a number of rounds.

a) You (usually) first sell one or more shares you own.
b) Buy exactly one share from a company whose share(s) you haven't sold during this stock round, or
c) pass.

Then next player does the same. The stock round ends when all players pass consecutively. The priority goes to the player to the left of the player that made either a) or b) last.

2) Operation round(s) have a number of "phases" that each of the companies perform in share value order. Usually they include at least these in this order.

i) Lay yellow track or upgrade existing one to green -> brown -> grey. The company must be able to trace a route to the track section it is adding from one of its stations. This is not mandatory.

ii) Place additional station marker in a city hex that has space for one. The company must be able to trace a route to the station marker it is adding from one of its stations. This is not mandatory.

iii) Run train(s) for income. This is mandatory.

iv) Pay out dividends or withhold. This is mandatory.

v) Buy new train(s). This is not mandatory, unless the company doesn't have a train.

Edits: Late night grammar mistakes.. zombie and I bet there are still plenty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot.

I'll try it soon, I hope.

Paulo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.