Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
I've added a feature that will allow you to link images to additional items. You can add a linkage from either the image page or the Item page (there is a link image button in the images module).

If you are on the images page, click the "add" link in the "also depicts" section, on the left. Select the item, and submit.

If you are on the item page, click "link image" in the images module. Select the image by first selecting the item that contains the image you want to link. Then use the image selector by clicking the magnifying glass.

Either way, your proposal will go through geekmod.

There is no geekgold reward for linking images (similar to proposing representative images). The modders will get 0.01 gg if they vote the "right" way, whether a linkage is accepted or declined.

Once an image is linked, it will appear in the new items image gallery, and will appear in the "also depicts" box on the left of the image page. This can also be used to link images that contain people or companies. For example, a picture of a designer holding a game can be linked both to the game and to the designer.

Also, the main purpose of this is to link images to "versions", an important part of RPG Geekdo. So if you are in the rpg beta, feel free to create version linkages over there. Versions have to be linked from the item page, since many versions can't be retrieved by name.

As always, let me know if there are bugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I click to link an image, the box that appears is blank apart from "select image to link" and "X Close" at the bottom... this seems to happen in both Firefox and Internet Explorer, and from both the item and image page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
Oops. Try it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it works for me now. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When modding an image link, you can't see the target gallery, so you can't judge a duplicate/similar image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
When modding an image link, you can't see the target gallery, so you can't judge a duplicate/similar image
As the image is already in the BGG database, are we judging on whether it is a duplicate? Surely for image linking, it only matters if the target item/person is depicted in the image. Just my thoughts.

edit - Oh and I haven't actually seen the modding screen yet, as the only entry in the queue is the one I submitted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:
As the image is already in the BGG database, are we judging on whether it is a duplicate? Surely for image linking, it only matters if the target item/person is depicted in the image.

You proposed to link an image from an Arkham Horror expansion to the base game.

The image is already in the database. That means (at very least) that the modders thought it was acceptable content for that expansion gallery, at the time the image was submitted.

But it is possible that the image also was uploaded to the gallery of the base game. Or that many similar images already exist in the gallery of the base game. Or that it was also uploaded to the image gallery of another AH expansion, and that copy has already be linked to the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess we need more guidance from the admins as to why we would be (dis)approving image links.

I concede your point that the exact same image may have been uploaded to both galleries, but that aside, surely since the image is already in BGGs database, the relevant question is does the image depict the target linked item....
e.g. if an image shows Arkham; Dunwich; Kingsport and Innsmouth, in my opinion, it should be 'linked' to all of these items..

In the long run this should reduce the actual number of images uploaded, because it is no longer necessary to have very similar images in the galleries for the base game and expansion.

All that said, one of my purposes in linking the image, was to test the image linking and link modding process... It was the first image that came to mind depicting more than one game entry... and no-one else seems to be testing it, as every time I check, the queue is empty... so I have still been unable to see what the modding screen for these items looks like (as one is unable to mod one's own submissions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.