Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The Eagle map's Inflight Box and the rules conflict as to what exactly to do with returning bombers. The box says to return them reduced, the rules say to return them full strength. Which is correct?

(I typically believe the rules before the charts, btw, and in my first two raids I've played that way. It may not matter as I haven't gotten to the end of day phase yet in my reading or play).

Thanks in advance. John, you write very clear and fairly easy to follow rules, although I'm finding remembering when to send aircraft to the Inflight box to be a bit of a challenge.

Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unofficial, but I'm going with it doesn't matter. After the daily preparation phase, there is no step where you assign bombers to raids, so they won't see any further action that raid day. Then in the final administrative phase, they'll all be turned face up.

In Lion, they are returned reduced, marking they're done for the day and can't be selected for another raid (this is different from the original). Based on the designer notes, I believe John wants the same to apply in all 3 game modes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Doug -- James has it right. It does not really matter in Eagle, since all bomber raid assignments are completed at the beginning of the day. I am calling the rules correct -- that will save you the task of flipping all your bombers to their full side at the end of the day. Something to correct in the next map printing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I figured this out when I got to the Calendar phase.

Man, my first day as the Germans was not pretty. Brits ended up with something like 13 points *before* I drew a 5 day gap to the next raids. I decided that perhaps I'd call it a learning game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.