Popular Tags: [View All]
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I visited it, being exams season and all, and came across a room where an Econometrics II exam was going on. I recognized the professor and he recognized me so he waved me in. I, not wanting to be rude, did as he bid and entered, noticing the room, a big room, was filled with at least 60 students doing the exam.

And since this university is far from normal, something had to happen. One of the students saw me enter, signaled the whole room and suddenly I saw the crowd wave effect happening from front row to back row.

kthxbye would be the internet translation of what I did next. At least nobody proclaimed he was Napoleon this time, so I should count my blessings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you are famous in your university/town as well as being in the minds, hearts, and conversations of all us chit chatters!!

WOW!!!!!!!! Famous MGBM!!!!!!

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
So you are famous in your university/town as well as being in the minds, hearts, and conversations of all us chit chatters!!

WOW!!!!!!!! Famous MGBM!!!!!!

kiss

Heh nope, it's just that everyone there is really strange. The late Mathematics degree and some Engineering degrees also have tons of tales to tell, including wearing rotten sardines as a necklace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ugh, I had to do Econometrics II this past spring. Vector autoregressive models, lagged time-series stuff, panel data, simultaneous equation models, probits and logits--we struggled through all of it. But now I am happily in possession of a master's degree in econ, and will hopefully continue on for a Ph.D in fall 2010.

Sixty students? That's quite a few. We did a lot of crazy stuff with our profs since the graduate atmosphere is a lot more relaxed than undergrad (while becoming waaaay more intense).

Sorry for the digression. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:
The late Mathematics degree...
I am truley sorry for your lots. When did it pass away? Did it go peacefully in its sleep or screaming in agony?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cringing Dragon wrote:
MGBM wrote:
The late Mathematics degree...
I am truley sorry for your lots. When did it pass away? Did it go peacefully in its sleep or screaming in agony?

Kicking and screaming about Riemann's Spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
MAISON ABREU: Lair of Abreu, you know, that guy below. Do not mistake this for other Maisons or Houses or even Abreus.
badge
I do look good on this chair, dont I?
mbmbmbmbmb

That´s nothing.
History stundents where by far worse.
At least I was.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abreu wrote:

That´s nothing.
At least I was.....

And did anyone at your degree stand on a table and screamed 'I am Napoleon, see me tremble!' while doing a 7-hours exam? Infinitesimal Analysis IV BTW, from my late Maths degree. And that's only the beggining of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
MAISON ABREU: Lair of Abreu, you know, that guy below. Do not mistake this for other Maisons or Houses or even Abreus.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:
Abreu wrote:

That´s nothing.
At least I was.....

And did anyone at your degree stand on a table and screamed 'I am Napoleon, see me tremble!' while doing a 7-hours exam? Infinitesimal Analysis IV BTW, from my late Maths degree. And that's only the beggining of it.

Of course not. We didnt have Infinitesimal Analysis IV BTW.

But I know of someone who whent on an oral exam of Portuguese Contemporary History, completly drunk, got a 14 and even made a dissertation on the traditional student costumes.

I was allways dressed up at my oral exam´s. Even in hot weather.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abreu wrote:
MGBM wrote:
Abreu wrote:

That´s nothing.
At least I was.....

Of course not. We didnt have Infinitesimal Analysis IV BTW.

But I know of someone who whent on an oral exam of Portuguese Contemporary History, completly drunk, got a 14 and even made a dissertation on the traditional student costumes.

I was allways dressed up at my oral exam´s. Even in hot weather.

I can beat your drunk story. A guy went to a 4th year Math oral exam completely stoned. Surprisingly, his nickname was Pedras. Heh.

And he got a 16.

Good times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:
I can beat your drunk story. A guy went to a 4th year Math oral exam completely stoned. Surprisingly, his nickname was Pedras. Heh.

And he got a 16.

Good times.

Touché.

And you are right, very good times.

By the way do you know the function of the vest on the student costumes?
I have scientifically proven this many times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abreu wrote:
MGBM wrote:

And he got a 16.

Good times.

Touché.

And you are right, very good times.

By the way do you know the function of the vest on the student costumes?
I have scientifically proven this many times.

To hide in the shadows and jump on unaware pedestrians?? I never wore the traditional vests, was never a traditional kind of student.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:

To hide in the shadows and jump on unaware pedestrians?? I never wore the traditional vests, was never a traditional kind of student.

Nope.

It serves to hold the necktie while you are throwing up.

This has been a another "Abreu´s Theories" presentation.
Beware he has much more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're all on double secret probation as of now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.